Jennie

There's four days until my birthday. Today is Wednesday, March fifteenth. I have to walk through the woods again today to and from school because they are doing construction next to my usual path.
   But I don't really mind. I get to school, and nothing is off. Ryder has been more of an asshole since he became Alpha of the Fountain Moon Pack. And apparently James Alan, another popular kid, was also bumped up to Alpha. He is now the alpha of Polar Moon Pack.
   But the dogs are none of my business. People have gotten over the "new girl" thing, and a lot of the guys have given up on hitting on me, which is good. And also, the wolves that I circled in fire the day at the lake were Ryder, his beta, Kayden, his delta, Aiden, and two guard wolves.
   That makes me feel really good about my new power. I've learned some things from Hunter, but she's quiet in my head a lot. And I think Axel doesn't know about my fire power.
   On the way home from school, I head through the woods. I find Jason, my last art partner, walking there too. I walk next to him, but we don't say anything. He takes a separate path than me to go to the Polar Moon pack house.
   I strip behind a tree and stuff my clothes into my backpack. I close my eyes and concentrate. Fifteen seconds later, I'm on all fours in my fox form. I grab the top handle of my bag in my jaws, and begin walking home.
   After a few minutes, I hear a strange whimper sound. Like a strangled animal cry. I place my bag behind another tree, shift, and put my clothes back on.
   I walk towards the sound, until I see a small white tailed deer in the bushes. She seems to only be about a year old in deer form. I can tell this isn't a normal deer because of the way she looks at me, and the small gold hoop earring in her ear.
   I stroke her head a little, and assess the situation. It's obvious that her back left leg is broken, so I pick her up carefully, whispering to her that I wasn't going to hurt her. That I was going to take her to my house around the corner, and help her try to heal her leg.
   I make sure she's secure in my arms and my backpack is on my back correctly, before walking home as quickly as possible, while trying not to hurt her.
   "My name is Sabrina, I'm going to help you. I know how to help you heal your fractured leg. It's going to be okay. We just have to hurry and make sure you don't get an infection." I introduce myself, while trying to calm both of us down.
   She nods her small head, letting me know that she understands. I arrive at the house and unlock the door while trying to keep her steady. I close the door behind me, and lay the deer down on the couch.
   "Can you shift back? It would be a lot easier on my and your body if you were in human form for this." I tell her, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible so I don't freak her out.
   She closes her eyes, and I grab a blanket to cover her up. She shifts into a small girl. "I'm going to go get you some clothes, okay? I'll be right back, I promise." I say.
   I rush up the stairs and go into my bedroom, and grab some of my smallest clothes. I bring them back down and help her dress. I put some gloves on, and rub antibiotics on her open wound, along with a sterile wrap to place around her leg.
   "Okay sweetheart, what's your name?" I ask.
   "Jennie." She says in a quiet voice.