Eighteen

I woke up on the nineteenth of March, forgetting about everything for a few moments. But I realize that today is my eighteenth birthday, and now I can find my mate.
   I still have a crush on Andi, so I call her to see if she wants to hang out. She says she can't. So I guess I'll just figure out if she's my mate on Monday.
   Jennie and Axel have been getting along, so I leave them alone together and go out into the woods.
   I feel like some major events are going to happen today, and I just need a calming run through the woods. I feel myself shrink and my clothes tear as my bones readjust into my fox form.
   I run for a while, and go back to the lake that Andi took me to, and where I discovered my fire powers. I smell... pine trees? But there's no pine trees in Willowbrooke. That's strange.
   I swim around in the lake to cool off, and I suddenly sense something. I don't know what it is. I feel like my mate is here somewhere.
   I like my head above the water, looking around for signs of life. I see none, and I continue to swim. I don't notice that I'm being watched, I don't notice what's happening in the town, and I don't notice what's happening at my house. I just feel free.
   When I get tired of swimming, I go to the shore of the lake and shake the water out of my coat. I know that shifters often leave clothes throughout the woods so they always have something to wear, and that they all share clothes in the woods.
   So when I'm in my backyard, I grab a random spare set of clothes and shift back to my human form.
   I dress quickly and go inside the house to see Axe and Jennie. I grab the key to the back door from underneath a potted plant, and unlock the door.
   I don't hear either of them, so I assume that they either left or are napping. I was wrong.

   What's this? Me actually updating? I'm shook.