Waiting For Freedom

I've lived with Kieran for about a week now. It's perfect. Sleeping next to my beautiful mate and cooking meals together, and going on runs.
   Graduation is approaching quickly. I found out that we had both started college courses almost two years ago, so now both of us only have two years of college before we can start our business.
   I take fewer shifts at the library, and become an intern at the veterinary clinic in Oaks, the town next to us. Kieran decides to do an internship there as well, and she found a job at the local super market.
   So now we have school, two steady part time jobs, and we're training for our dream. This is working out nicely. I found out three days ago that my father was very wealthy, and he left everything to me.
   "I'm worried." Kieran starts. "How are we supposed to pay for college?" She admits her fear. I haven't told her about the money.
   "Kieran, the manager of the bank told me the other day that my father left everything to me. We can afford to go to college and get a business going, and adopt kids. And also get a bigger house." I say. She grins and kisses me.
   It's just a quick peck, but she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me again. After a few seconds, we stop, and go to bed.

   -one month later-

   Kieran and I are just settling down into our new house. It's closer to the town, instead of in the middle of the woods. It has two floors, three bathrooms, and five bedrooms.
   It has a big backyard, too, so we can get pets. We go down to Oaks, to the pound. There, we find our perfect child. An adorable brown and white pit bull puppy. We cuddle him for a while, and fill out the papers.
   I hold him on the way back to the house, since we ride the train. We put him on the couch and give him some food and water on the ground in bowls.
   "Rex." I say. "His name should be Rex." Kieran nods in agreement.
   We graduate high school in two weeks. I'm extremely excited. We don't have many assignments anymore, we're just preparing for graduation.
   Rex is happy in his new home, and I'm happy with my mate.

   Okay kiddos! This story is ending shortly, but there's still a couple more chapters left. Make sure to read Jordan_Gray39 's story The Animal, and check out my new story The Outcasts. Look out for the next chapter or two.