Welcome to Willowbrooke (edited 9/13/20)

This taxi smells like weed and sweat, but the driver, Trevor, doesn't seem to notice or care. I'm on my way to meet my father who walked out on me. I have no other choice.
   "Well, it's not the worse place I've seen." I hear Trevor say from the front seat. I look out the dirty window.
    Welcome to Willowbrooke. That's what the big blue street sign said when we rolled into the new town.
I'm forced to be here. My mother is dead, and my 'father' is the only family I have left. His name is Axel Shire. My mom changed her last name and mine back to her maiden name, Shadow, when Axel left.
I don't know why he left eleven years ago, but I guess he just cracked under the pressure of having a kid. At least that's what mom always told me.
Willowbrooke seems like it used to be a nice place, I guess. But not the kind you see in movies. Not the new, blue and white houses with the shiny windows and perfect families.
The kind where there are boarded up houses and broken gates. But beggars can't be choosers. This is my life now. The taxi comes to a stop in front of a dark, gloomy-looking two story house. I get out and pay Trevor for the ride. I grab my suitcase out of the trunk, and walk towards the house.
I slowly approach the steps as dead leaves swirl around on the ground. As I stand before the porch, I take things in. Dark purple front door, dying plants in the windows, vines crawling up the railing of the creaky porch.
I cautiously walk up the creaky wooden stairs over to the door. There's a heavy brass knocker on the door, so I grab it, and hit it against the door twice.
I hear a crash from somewhere upstairs and footsteps running downstairs. Another crash. I think he fell down the stairs. I hear the meow of a cat near the window.
I stand stiffly as the door opens. My ginger hair blows in my face due to the wind, and I see the man who abandoned me more than a decade ago in the doorway.
  We examine each other a bit. He's skinny and tall, with a very faint mustache. He stands awkwardly, and has bad posture.
   "Hello, Sabrina." He says nervously. "Welcome home."