Choose an Animal

At lunch on Monday, I sat with my normal group. But they seemed like different people now that I knew that they were all supernaturals.
I was quiet for most of lunch, just thinking. When the bell rang I got my stuff and said bye to my friends.
By the time art class rolled around, I was excited to see what our next project was going to be.
"Okay class," Becca starts the class. "This week, you will be working with a partner." She says. The energy of the class sky rockets, and they all begin taking. "Not so fast! I have assigned you partners already." She tells us. Everyone sighs in disappointment except me.
   As she lists of names, I get really nervous. But she calls out my name and it's someone that I actually am okay with. "Sabrina and Jason." I look over at the quiet kid in the class. I've seen some of his pieces in different classes. He has some real talent.
   "This week, you will choose three different animals with your partner. You will each do a portrait of those animals. You can draw, paint, watercolour, I don't really care. Now get to work." She seems tired.
   I sit next to Jason. "Hey, so what animals do you want to pick?" I ask him.
   "Um, I don't really care. But can one of them be a wolf?" He asks nervously.
   "Of course! The other two should be a fox and... a kangaroo! I love kangaroos." He nods at my suggestions. We both have to do a piece incorporating a wolf, fox, and a kangaroo. This will be fun.
   He chooses to draw them on a canvas and then paint them with oil paints. I decide to do a watercolour piece. I picture it in my head and then start sketching it out on watercolour paper.

   Nothing much happens the rest of the week, except some popular kids drama. Something about Ryder becoming Alpha on Saturday.
   By the time Thursday rolls around, I'm finished with my animal piece and Jason is almost done. His looks really good.
   He positioned the wolf standing up and howling, the fox jumping over the wolf, and the kangaroo leaning it's head, shoulders, and paws onto the canvas, with the rest of it not in the picture.
   Mine just has all three animals next to each other.
But I still love how it turned out.

   Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.