Rumors and Confusion

When I arrived at school the next morning, people were looking at me more than usual. I heard snickers and bits of conversations.
"What a whore..."
"...and on her second day here"
"Don't act like you haven't slept with him before..."
Great. My third day and people already think I slept with someone. I walk up to the tree where my group was sitting.
"So why are people talking about me?" I ask the group.
"Ryder Harrison told everyone that you slept with him yesterday, which means you actually did sleep with him, or you made him mad." Lyla answers.
I sigh and roll my eyes. "He was flirting with me yesterday at the library, and I rejected him. Fantastic." Now I have to deal with that for the rest of the day.
"Don't worry, Sabrina. People will stop talking about it by lunch. Everyone knows he's a man-whore. I just feel bad for whoever becomes his mate." Andi says. They all laugh.
"If I was his mate, I would so kick him where the sun don't shine before rejecting him." Jonathan says, still laughing.
"What do you mean by 'mate'?" I ask. They all look at me, shocked.
"Aren't you..."
"Why did you move here?"
"Did nobody tell you?"
"What the hell..."
They all talk over each other. I'm really confused. After the bell rings, I just shake my head and go to class. I don't have art today, so I'll be drawing a lot in all my classes.
   Unfortunately, one of my teachers caught me doodling, and gave me a detention for Friday.
I walk home on the trail this time, instead of through the woods. I get home faster than I usually do. My dad is in the kitchen when I get there, looking at small vials and reading an old textbook.
"Hey Axel, whatcha doin'?" I ask curiously. He jumps what seems like ten feet out of his seat. He mutters something about me being home early and starts rushing to clean things up and put items away.
"Don't worry dear, it's just for work." He rushes back to his room with the textbook. Now everyone is confusing me.
I ask Leah if she has any books on mates when I get to the library. She laughs and says "Of course I do, dear. What kind of librarian would I be if I didn't have books on mates, especially in this town, with all the wolves roaming around."
   "I ran into three wolves the other day in the woods. It wasn't that scary." I tell her.
   "Did they say anything to you?" She asks. I raise my eyebrows.
   "Do you know any wolves that talk, Leah?" I giggle. She looks puzzled, and then shocked, just like my friends were earlier. I wander into the aisles and find a book to research.
   It's called Supernaturals and Mating. This should be interesting, although Andi and Jonathan seemed to talk about it like it was real. The people in Willowbrooke, Pennsylvania are a lot different than people back him in Rosewood, North Carolina.
   I check out the book and walk home with it tucked into my jacket. Time to do some reading.

  Okay so I just thought I would let y'all know that this is NOT a story about werewolves. Yes, there will be some weird ass creatures in this book, but Sabrina is not a werewolf. This isn't a basic cliché book. 577 words.