S1E1: One Fateful Friday ...for Fast Friends (Part I)

ACT I [EXT. / CHADIAN SAVANNAH / MORNING]

The scene gets a bird's eye view of the great, wide savannah of Chad, Africa. It appears to be a peaceful day, as the lush wildlife goes about its business, including a grazing herd of gazelle. Utterly serene, at least for a while, until the ground suddenly begins to rumble. This causes the gazelle to cease their morning grazing.

Just what in the world could it be? An earthquake? Whatever it is, it's getting stronger -- closer. The herd quickly turns to see something looming from the horizon, that being a rising cloud of dust heading right towards them. Not only that, but it looks like there's crackles of electricity emanating in the very front. The scene zooms closer to the rushing dust cloud, revealing its creator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIES: Asiatic Cheetah

AGE: 17

HEIGHT: 5' 1"

OVERALL DESCRIPTION: He has a thin and flexible physique. His fur is bumblebee yellow, with his underbelly contrasting in snow white. Being a cheetah, he has black tear marks, which curve downward from under his eyes and connect to his whiskers. He has a fair number of black spots covering his body from head to tail; however, his spots appear to be rigid and streak-like. Speaking of tail, its tip has 6 black rings and 5 white rings. Another one of his most unique physical traits is a missing piece of his left ear. As for clothing, the cheetah boy wears only brownish-red puffy pants, with a darker shaded knot around the hip area. The rest of his body is essentially bare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing their natural predator heading right for them, the herd becomes spooked and runs away as fast as they can. The cheetah accelerates in response, however, knowing well that they're nowhere near as fast as him. Gaining enough momentum, he then makes a long, high leap over the herd and descends right towards one of them in the center. Upon closer descent, it would appear that his sharp claws are about to pierce the flesh of the frantic gazelle. However, as soon as physical contact is made, he retracts his claws and performs a handstand on the running gazelle. The cheetah boy chuckles to himself as he maintains balance.

Umeme Maurice Cheetah: Heh-heh. Sorry for the spook, fellas.

Umeme leaps off from one running gazelle to another, eventually reaching the front of the herd so that he can run past them in a flare of dust. The herd of gazelle soon stops in place, relieved to see that the predator's not in pursuit of them. Although, the same can't be said for a couple of lions hidden not too far away from them.

Leaving behind a yellow streak that resembles a bolt of lightning, Umeme continues his dash across the vast open savannah. The burst of dust from his striding feet. The strong wind rushing past his face. For the cheetah, there's no other sensation quite like this. Amidst his tread across the nigh-endless plains, Umeme heads straight towards a baobab tree in the distance.

With his tear marks reflecting the sun's glare, he uses his keen vision to see that the tree bears a lone baobab fruit -- glowing with a golden color through the thick of the greenery. He also sees that the fruit has seven red, sparkle-shaped embeddings formed around its center.

Umeme: There you are! I knew double checking was a good idea. And here I thought I'd never... [leaps forward] find it!

The cheetah delivers a powerful kick that causes the baobab tree to vibrate from bottom to top. He jumps back to the ground, and after a few seconds, the lone fruit snaps off from its branch. Umeme lays out his hand, waiting for the golden fruit to land right on it -- doing so with his eyes closed, no less. But suddenly, right when Umeme's about to catch it, a streak of blue lightning snatches the fruit right from under his nose (well, technically over it). Umeme -- eyes still closed -- grips the air for a bit, waiting to receive his "fallen fruit".