Prologue

• Dedicated to Niall Horan

Prologue:

"That was a wonderful date Niall." I said, leaning on Niall's shoulder as we walked hand in hand. The sun was just setting giving our Ireland home a glow. We walked on the cliff looking down at the blue ocean waters. A picnic on a cliff overlooking the ocean was the perfect date.

"It's late Cass, we should get going." Niall frowned, looking at his watch. 

"I wish we could stay here forever." I sighed. Dublin was beautiful and our parents had actually let us go out for this one day, but our home was Mullingar. 

"We could." Niall said. I gave him a look. "One day. We're only sixteen now. We wouldn't survive two days because our food would run low in just a few hours." One of the reasons Niall and I got along so well was because we both had the same admiration for one word.

Food.

Niall opened the passenger side of his brother's car that he had borrowed. "I can't believe Greg actually let us use his car." Niall chuckled. He slid into the car too and started the engine. "Ready for the hour ride home?"

"All ready." I smiled, buckling my seat belt. Niall turned on the radio and sang along to any song on the radio, even if he didn't know the words. His voice was enchanting and drew me in. I could spend days just listening to him.

"Have we really been dating for a year already?" Niall finally asked, switching the radio off. 

"A year Niall. Believe it or not." I smirked. "And it's been the best year ever." We were young, but I had still imagined him standing at the altar and me walking down the aisle. It was a daydream, but I really thought he was the one for me. 

Niall nodded his head and kept his eyes on the road before him. "Best year ever Cass." I sighed. I leaned against the window and looked out.

There was a big bus. It came towards us and illegaly crossed a red light. "NIALL!" I screamed.

Everything. Went. Black. 

Little did I know that Niall wouldn't be there when I woke up.

*8 months later* (Niall's P.O.V.)

"Greg," I said to my brother, "it's been nearly eight months. W-what if she never wakes up?" I stuttered. I could feel the tears brimming my eyes. I wouldn't let them fall though. 

"Don't say that Niall." Greg said. 

"I-I can't do this anymore. I just have to face the fact that she might be dead." I cried. I freely let the tears spill from my eyes. Cassandra might as well be gone. Gone.

"Niall, there's still a chance!" Greg tried. 

"I don't think there is."

*4 months later* (Cassandra's P.O.V.)

A white light. That's what I saw. Was I dead? I forced my eyes open and refocused my eyes. I was looking at a ceiling. A white bare ceiling. I groaned and turned to the side. There was a metal bar next to me. I glanced at my arm. Needles were connected to my arm. 

I was in a hospital.

"What the heck?" I muttered. My head was pounding. 

The door opened. It was my mother. She turned and looked at me. Her eyes widened. "Cassy?" She gasped.

"Uh, yes?" I answered.

"DOCTOR! NURSE! SHE'S AWAKE!" She screeched. After that, she ran to my side and held my hand in hers. "Honey, you scared me to death. I-I can't believe this."

"What happened?"

"Niall is what happened. You got in a car crash honey." Mom said.

"How long have I been out?" I asked. 

Mom looked at me and didn't look like she knew how to answer the question. "A year."

A year. Twelve months. Three hundred sixty five days. "It's been exactly a year."

"But Niall didn't do it!" I protested. "There was a bus that crossed a red light! It wasn't him." I repeated.

"He was sixteen. He wasn't an experienced driver. I shouldn't have let you go all the way to Dublin." She said, running her hand through her dark hair. "And darling, he's not here anymore. He left."

"What?" I whispered. 

Mom nodded. "He's gone."

Ello there. This story is posted today on Niall Horan's birthday. Well it's still his birthday where I live so yeah! Hope you enjoy this prologue :) Vote, comment, and fan me please :D Thanks.

-Adriana should study for four tests/quizzes