Chapter 27: Reliving The Past

Chapter 27:

I didn't know how to respond to Niall. I was still trying to process the information and it was a lot to take in. A lot of things started to make sense. I wouldn't have minded so much if it was a nice girl with a sweet personality and such, but Macy really made no sense.

I knew Niall better than that. Fame wouldn't have changed him so much to the point where his love life was affected. Girls like Macy didn't deserve love from boys like Niall. It just didn't work that way in life. Niall certainly deserved better than her. 

But how could I forgive him? Remembering all the pain I had gone through, watching him touch and kiss Macy like I never even once mattered to him? He was a good actor, I had to give him that. He didn't show any affection towards me or give me a clue that he was interested in me. The only affection I received from Niall was the affection of friendship. 

"Cass? Please answer," Niall said. But the gears in my hea were still turning and I suddenly obtained a horrible headache, overthinking the actual problem. 

It would be easy to forgive him since I was never the type to keep grudges. I'd feel guilty if I didn't. Sometimes I hated that about myself, but it was the way I worked. If Macy apologized, I would probably forgive her too, but she didn't seem like the type to apologize. 

"Yeah, yeah I'll forgive you," I shrugged, "even if I didn't want to forgive you, I probably still would."

"It's hard not to forgive me huh?" Niall smirked. He leaned in towards me, his hands cupping my chin lifting it towards his. My slow mind didn't know what was happening until his lips were an inch in front of mine.

I gently pushed him off of me, trying not to offend him. I couldn't let him kiss me, especially just coming out of a relationship like he had. It was only when Macy decided to cheat when Niall came rushing back to confess. If Macy never did what she did, I would still be wallowing back here while Niall was traipsing around town with Macy. 

"Give me time," I whispered to Niall, "I'm not ready yet."

As the words left my mouth, his expression turned from one of delight into one of pain. His soft blue eyes saddened a little bit and the radiant smile on his face turned down to a slight frown. He lost the happy glow in his face and he suddenly looked dull.

"Y-You don't understand Cass- I need you."

"That sounds like something out of some cheesy romance books. Oh don't tell me you read those?" I chuckled.

"No," Niall seemed to be frantic, "I really need you. Management-"

"Management? Are they manipulating you again to do something against your will Niall? Seriously, that's so wrong."

"No," Niall shook his head, "they're making you do something against your will, or kind of, but I really really really need this favor please," Niall was now beggings and more frantic than ever before. It frightened me a little, to be honest.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm saying that...management needs me to...to get a new girlfriend."

"And you're asking me?"

"Well, yes."

"That's a shitty way to ask so no. Tell your management that I'm not your girl because I'm not ready to have some hate sent towards me and having to be perfect for everyone. It was easier before because I was just a friend, not your girlfriend. If you weren't famous, things wouldn't be this way."

"Are you blaming me for going for my dream?" Niall cried.

"No, of course not. I just wish things were the same as they were before. I wish I never got into that accident and I just...I guess things never will be the same as before. That's just some far fetched dream."