Chapter 36: Airplanes

• Dedicated to Niall Horan

Dedicated to Niall Horan (it's still his birthday here where I live) Hasn't been an awful day even if it's Friday the 13th!

Chapter 36:

Was it bad that I only lasted three months without him? After spending so much time with Niall, it was hard to get back to the routine of not seeing him every day. We actually did Skype, once or twice- five times at most. Soon enough, our contact was kept at a bare minimum. After all, we weren't together anymore.

On the bright side, I was off crutches and I could drive now. I drove Jonathan to and from football practices, spent a few afternoons shopping with my mother, and I sometimes just talked over a cup of tea with my father. 

There were a few days when I spent time with Maura or visited Greg and his wife with their newborn baby. There was no Niall though. It was only the first month when we kept in contact. After that, it was nothing. 

At least the media was happy that Niall was back. They went months without new pictures of him so the rumors of his beind dead faded. One Direction was back and they were back to recording their new album. Charley visited for one week in Mullingar when her and Liam broke up momentarily. She was devestated so we were roommates for a week. She went back to London when Liam begged her to come back over the phone and Charley admitted that he had even been crying. She hadn't been any better. She had been curled up crying for two days.

My mother was fine with Niall now though. She respected that I loved him. I felt so pathetic wanting to run to London and back to him. I felt so stupid and needy. It wasn't my fault that I was on Niall withdrawals and I couldn't handle it.

I needed him. It was a horrible three months without him and even Jonathan spotted the misery behind my smile. 

Surprisingly, it was Mom who brought up the situation over lunch on a Sunday. "For God's sakes, we know you're miserable Cassandra," she had said. 

The conversation continued on with me arguing that I loved staying back at home in Mullingar with them. We went back and forth. Mom complained that I was always sulking around without Niall. Dad was pointing out that my smile was never genuine. Jonathan said that the car rides were just listening to One Direction and he was beginning to get sick of it.

Typical Jonathan.

Two days later after that conversation, I found myself on the airplane with a ticket going to London. The goodbye was even dramatic. They were bidding me goodbye like I was going to London and never coming back. Of course I would need to come back. I wasn't suddenly moving out to London. It was merely a visit.

I think so anyways. I would probably be back to Mullingar. I wasn't permanently moving to London...yet.

I was lucked out on this plane ride. I got the window seat, which I didn't mind since I never really got up to do anything. Ever. The person on my other side was just a girl a little older than I. She must be about twenty two or something. She kept to herself and listened to music the whole time. 

I eventually felll asleep and slept through the whole ride. The girl had to wake me up when the flight landed since I refused to wake, even through the shaky landing. I must've been exhausted. I rarely ever during plane rides. 

I was just glad that I was in London. It wasn't until I stepped off the plane when the nerves set in. The feeling was weird. I was going to see Niall...and I didn't even inform him that I was coming to London.

Of course I wanted to surprise him. Francine was coming to pick me up at the airport. She offered when I told the girls I was going to come and visit London yesterday. She would be waiting at the baggage claim for me.