Chapter 20: The Day I Met Macy

Chapter 20:

Niall's P.O.V. (Flashback)

"Why am I the only one here?" I asked Dave, the head of One Direction's management team. He wasn't my favorite guy in the world and I knew that I wasn't his favorite band member of One Direction. The boys always assured me it wasn't true, but I knew it was. 

"Because," Dave said and walked towards me, "I need to introduce you to someone."

"Wait what-"

"Macy, come in here," Dave ordered. To me, he sounded like a dictator who watched every move you made and made sure you did things his way. It was his way or no way. The boys and I were trying to find a new head of management because we all agreed that Dave was horrible. It was the reason we couldn't have fun when we played at concerts, not that we really listened. But it was the reason that we couldn't hug fans anymore because they were 'too crazy' or 'our of control' but they supported us and the least we could do was give them a damn hug. 

A girl walked in. She wasn't ugly, but she wore too much makeup than girls usually wore. Her hair was blonde, probably dyed. I could see her brown roots. I couldn't judge though since my hair was blonde now, but it was really brown. 

I already could tell that it wasn't going to be good. When girls dressed like Macy came in, it was never good. She was wearing a short white skirt that barely, just barely, covered her butt. She wore a hot pink halter top and a pair of silver heels that were at least five inches tall. How the hell could she walk in those?

"Macy, this is Niall Horan. Niall, this is Macy Brooks who will be your new fake girlfriend. You haven't had a relationship and people are starting to come up with rumours," Dave explained.

"So you're setting me up with her?" I asked. I really and badly wanted to say that he was setting me up with a hooker or prostitute because that was what she looked like. Her fushia lipstick already scared me. 

"Hey cutie," She said and ran her manicured nail down my arm and back up til she pinched my cheeks. 

"Hi, erm-"

"Why couldn't I be with Harry or something?" Macy groaned.

I knew why though. Harry had starting dating a girl named Francine recently and he was keeping it a secret from management. I heard him telling us that management was planning to do the same thing Dave was doing to me, but to him. 

"Because," Dave said, "I'm pretty sure he already has a girlfriend and is keeping it a secret. But Niall here is single and probably won't ever get a girl any time soon."

Ouch.

It wasn't that I hadn't gotten offers or that I didn't think girls were good enough. I was sensitive. I was that kind of guy that didn't want to get into a relationship I know I'd regret. It was hard finding the right girl and when I thought I had found her, I lost her.

Cass was the best thing that ever happened to me and she was the only girl that made me feel like I was loved, besides my mother at least. 

"You've got to act the part, play the part, and be a couple," Dave demanded, "that means kissing, physical contact, lovey dovey eyes and all that cheesey shit. It's got to be believable!"

"Alright alright," Macy rolled her eyes, "don't get your panties ina twist or your tighty whities or whatever."

"What-"

"I got it down, let's go Niall," Macy said and grabbed my arm til her nails dug into my skin. God, couldn't she cut them?

"When will this be over Dave?" I questioned.