Chapter 56- Waking Up

As usual I was sat at Alexa's bedside only this time Naya was here with me. The doctor had taken my baby for her scan and was now analysing the results.

He had already said that Alexa displayed signs that she would wake up soon so we were hopeful.

I looked at Naya who was softly singing under her breath to Alexa while I stroked Lexie's hair out of her face. I knew Naya felt really guilty for not being here before but I had already told her I had forgiven her.

I cuddled into Naya's side and let my eyes gently close. For the first time since Lexie was in hospital, I allowed myself to sleep properly.

***

I woke up to the soft sound of crying. I jumped up waking Naya, who had also fallen asleep, in the process.

Tears freely began to fall as I looked at my little girl who now had her eyes open. Naya leant over to press the buzzer and alert the doctor while moved to the other side of her hospital bed.

"Hey baby girl, mummy is so so happy to see you awake. How you feeling?" I asked her. She was still crying but wouldn't answer me. As the doctor and a nurse walked in Naya went to hold her hand but she pulled it away.

"Hello Alexa, my name is Dr Harry and I've been looking after you while you've been asleep. Can you tell me if anything hurts?" The doctor asked her. She looked up but didn't say a word.

"Okay that's good news. Can you tell me your name and how old you are?" He asked her. She nodded at him.

"What's your name then?" He asked trying to encourage her.

"Lexie and me four." She said quietly looking around the room.

"Okay, I'll come back to check on you soon then." He said as he and the nurse unhooked all her wires.

"Bye Lexie." He said waving at her. She didn't reply as she left.

"I've missed you so much princess." Naya said to her. She looked at Naya carefully before turning to me.

"Can I get a cuddle from my baby girl?" I asked her but she shook her head and pointed at her teddy on the cabinet.

"Do you want teddy?" I asked her. This time she stuck her arms out and I passed it to her. I watched as she cuddled it tightly before curling up and shutting her eyes.

This time she didn't flinch as I touched her and she let me stroke her hair.

"It's okay Dem, she'll come back around to us. It will just take some time." Naya said in an attempt to reassure me but I could see the tears in eyes that she was trying to hide.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

A/N

I originally planned to have more flashbacks and her in a coma for longer but I couldn't do that anymore so .. And I haven't proof read it so sorry if there's lots of mistakes- I'm extremely exhausted