Chapter: 26

~*~ Two Days Ago ~*~

"What do you mean Y/n looked like she was beaten?" Bucky asked in a very threatening voice. 

"Uh, She had a black eye and her lip was busted. And- and she looked really tired." Peter stuttered.

 Steve and Bucky shared a look before turning their attention back on everyone else.

"Things clearly aren't what we thought they where. Y/n is in deep trouble. This does explain one reason why she wouldn't tell us the name of the person in the first place." Steve said, arms crossed. 

"So, what's the plan, cap?" Natasha asked, leaning on the wall.

"Nothing changes, we protect her like we said we would do. Peter and Nat will go visit her, while the rest of us surround the building. If anything happens you guys call us and we will be there."

"Steve, Shouldn't I be there instead of Peter? I mean I am her brother."

"No, your appearance makes you look like a threat, sorry buck" 

Peter and Nat walked towards the apartment complex Y/n lives at. Wanda was already on the roof of the building, Steve and Bucky where hiding in a nearby alley-way.

"Hey buck, remember when you and Y/n/n would find me fighting people in alleys." Steve softly laughed.

"You mean, we found you getting your ass handed to you in alley-ways? then yes, yes I do." Bucky chuckled.

"Those were some good times" Steve smiled. 

"Yeah, too bad it could it never be that way again." Bucky said, looking down at the ground. Steve sighed.

"You're right, things have changed. But, once we save Y/n from whatever is going on, the three of us can be together again, we can be happy again. And we even have the rest of the avengers." Steve smiled. "Things are different now. But, we can still be happy."

Bucky let out a small laugh, nodding his head. 

"Yeah, we can." 

"Hey guys?" Nat's voice spoke through their earpiece

"What's up?" Steve asked.

"There's no one here"

"What do you mean there's no one there?" Bucky asked, brow raised. 

"I mean, what I said. There isn't a single soul in this apartment. They're gone." 

"Is there anything there that would tell us where they went?" Steve asked.

 "Not really, it's pretty clean here. I don't think anyone is planning on coming back here anytime soon."  

Steve let out a heavy and loud sigh. "Okay, well let's get back to the hotel, we have to figure out where they all went" 

~*~ Next Day ~*~

"Why haven't we found a single trace of her?" Bucky slammed his hand on the table. 

"We are looking okay? Tony is on his way he said he has some information on something that might help us" Steve said, while looking at some papers. Bucky sighed.

"Where is the others again?" 

"Wanda and Nat are scanning other nearby cities to see if they can find any trace of Y/n, or even her roommates. Peter and Sam are scanning this city to see if they can find anything that we might've missed." 

"Is Sam even all that useful?" 

"Yes, he is. C'mon buck, don't be so hard on the guy. Just because you two don't get along all that well doesn't mean you can be rude to him, besides the guy got here early this morning. He is exhausted but is still willing to help us find your sister."

"And your best friend" 

"You both are my best friends, That's why we need Sam. To help find Y/n. My best friend, and Your sister." 

The door swung open, Steve and Bucky turned their heads to see who opened the door.

"Sup, Grandpas" Tony smirked. 

"Tony, I didn't think you'd get here till a little later?" Steve furrowed his brows.

"Are you not happy to see me?" Tony dramatically put his hand on his chest. Causing Steve to sigh and Bucky to facepalm.

"Yes, i'm happy to see you." Steve smiled. "You said you had some information that would help us find Y/n?" 

"Yeah, kinda." 

"Kinda?" Bucky raised his brow.

"So, the day after tomorrow there is this big party-"

"Tony! we are trying to look for someone! a party ain't gonna help us with anything!" Bucky yelled.

"You didn't let me finish my sentence. Also please don't yell at me like that, it hurts my feelings." 

Bucky rolled his eyes.

"Now back to what I was saying, there is a big party where all sorts of different people go. Good or bad people, doesn't matter they are all there. I have some connections that could get us in."

"Why would we want to go there?" Steve asked.

"We get in, see if anyone has any information about Y/n, and maybe take down some bad guys along the way."

"Who would even have any information on her? and even if they did, why would they tell us? why would they have any info about her in the first place?" Bucky suspiciously asked. 

"There is literally terrorists that go to that party. Plus traffickers, kidnappers, serial killers. You name it, if they are rich and famous they go."

"Why hasn't anyone taken them down yet?"

"Because, it's one of those masquerades where you wear a mask. The only person who knows everyone there by their real names is the host, and no one knows what his real name is, all they call him is 'Host'. Kinda a dumb name if you ask me but, whatever."

"I guess we could try, but that doesn't mean we are gonna stop doing what we are doing now." Steve said. "We need a plan, You wouldn't happen to have one of those would you, Tony?"

"As a matter of fact, cap. I do. So, first, we send in Wanda, Sam, and Bucky. They ask around about Y/n try and get any information on her, While the seven of us, Natasha, Thor, Bruce, Clint, Peter, You and Me. Go as their 'Special Guests'. Of course no one is going to know that we are the avengers, so everyone will want to talk to us and we could use that to get information on some other stuff. We can't have to many people asking about Y/n or people would start to get suspicious." 

"Won't the 'Host' know we are the avengers?" Bucky asked.

"I have my ways of giving false identities, besides, he won't really know who we are since we would be wearing masks and will be in tuxes and not our superhero suits."

"This seems dangerous, but it's our only option. But, I do have one thing to say. Will Thor even wear a tux? all he ever wears is his asgardian armor with a cape." Steve pointed out. 

"Oh, Thor will definitely wear a tux once he knows how good he looks in it"

"Alright, well. Let's inform the rest."