Chapter: 23

A/N: oof

It was the next day and Peter decided to walked to the Café that Y/n works at, he saw her making coffee for a customer. The more Peter looked at Y/n he noticed her eye was slightly black and blue, her lip was bruised.

"Y/n?" Peter asked, startling her.

"Oh, Peter. You scared me. What's up?" Y/n furrowed her brows.

"Uh, nothing much, but uh, are you okay? You have a black eye and your lip is bruised." Peter examined her face more.

"Oh uh, it's nothing. I just, fell.... down the stairs....."

'The stairs really, Y/n? that's the best you can come up with?' Y/n thought.

'Does falling down the stairs cause that type of damage?' Peter thought.

"Are you okay?"

"yeah i'm fine. It'll heal with time." Y/n smiled.

Peter could tell something was off but decided to not push it. He didn't want to make a powerful human being "that could probably murder him with a flick of the wrist" upset. Peter smiled back.

"So, is there anything I can get you?" Y/n asked sweetly. Peter nodded, and began ordering what the avengers wanted. Y/n quickly wrote everything down on a notepad, she nodded her head and began working on the coffees. Once she was done with the coffees she quickly grabbed the pastries and handed them to Peter.

"And there you go, you're all set now!" Y/n beamed. Peter wondered how she could be so happy after falling down the stairs, how did she even fall down the stairs? Couldn't she just use her telekinesis to make sure she doesn't fall? unless...

"Y/n, before I leave, are you sure you fell down the stairs?" Peter asked, his eyebrow raised. Y/n gave him a look saying 'are you serious?'

"Yeah, pretty sure I fell down the stairs, I think I would remember if it was something else besides falling down the stairs."

Peter chuckles nervously "Eh, uh okay. Well i'll see you later." Y/n smiled and waved goodbye to him.

While Peter was walking back to the hotel, thoughts kept plaguing his mind.

'What if Y/n is lying?'

'Did she really fall down the stairs?'

'Did one of her roommates hit her?'

'She wouldn't allow someone to push her around, right?'

'Was someone able to overpower her?'

'Did he hurt her?'

Peter decided to shake off these thoughts, but he couldn't stop worrying about her. Was she really fine? Once he arrived back at the hotel rooms, everyone quickly grabbed their drinks and food, and begun to discuss what to do next.

"We know someone is still out there, tormenting Y/n" Steve said. "We need to figure out who, Nat. Do you have anything?"

"No, Steve. I don't even have anything to go off of, Y/n isn't telling me anything about this 'Him'. She isn't giving me a single detail to even start off with, She doesn't tell me a name, age, address. Nothing. All she keeps repeating is 'You can't stop him' or 'It's already begun' or 'He is everywhere'. Just a bunch of random gibberish that only tells me she's afraid." Nat said, frustrated. But, her voice also showed that she is clearly worried for Y/n's safety. Steve sighed.

"What if" Peter began, staring at his feet. "What if we, like, kept an eye on her?" He slowly looked up and made eye contact with everyone else.

"We are already doing that, kid" Bucky said.