48. the ones who were shocked

SHAWN MENDES
"Wow a fucking baby?"

My eyes stared at my two beautiful girls walking to my car, Rachel put Maeve into the car seat at the back and buckled her. She went back at the front and sat next to me, she was wearing a white jeans and a black pull over, so normal yet beautiful.

"So, how are you?" I asked quickly glancing at Maeve.

"Great, a little tired. You?" She asked looking up at me, her blue eyes staring deeply at me.

"Are you tired? We can go back to your place and go to my parents another time." I ranted as she laughed and shook her head.

She put her hand on my tight making me relax. "It's okay, drive." She told me as I nodded.

[]

We were finally at my parents, she let her hand resting on my tight all along. We talked, laughed even sang together. She picked Maeve up and walked next to me to the front door. I knocked and waited.

Hey Shawn and Rachel." She said. "And..a baby." She added looking at me and Rachel.

"Can we come in?" I asked to my mom, she nodded and let us come in.

"Sorry to show up like that but we, well I really need to talk to you guys." Said softly Rachel to my mom.

"Sure, don't worry Rachel." Said my mom kissing her cheek. "Aaliyah downstairs now!" She yelled as we walked to the living room where my dad was.

"Hey dad." I told him, he looked up and his eyes instantly drifted to the little one who was in Rachel's arms.

"Hey Manny." Said Rachel softly. "How are you?" She asked

My dad frowned and smiled. "Um, frustrated? Confused?" He said not really sure. "But very happy to see you by Shawn's side again even if it's not a relationship." He told Rachel, she blushed and looked at Maeve.

Minutes later, Aaliyah was downstairs. She walked to me and hugged me, she backed away seeing Rachel. "Rachel? What are you doing here?" She asked

Rachel turned around and showed Maeve. "Wow, a fucking baby?" She yelled making us gasp and laugh.

"Glad to see that we had the same reaction, love." Said my mom to Aaliyah kissing her cheek. "So, I think you want to tell us something Rach." She said sitting down.

I took a seat next to Rachel, she gave me Maeve and rubbed her hands on her jeans. She looked at my parents and took a deep breath.

"Um, first I'm very happy to see you all and fuck I missed y'all so much." She told them. "The baby is mine..and Shawn. I got pregnant after Shawn and I broke up and I didn't want to tell him cause he looked so into it and his career was staring.." She said. "So, I managed this pregnancy alone and delivered two months ago." She added.

My parents were shocked but I knew they would be comprehensive towards this situation.

Rachel decided to continue seeing that one was talking. "Also, please don't hate me for not saying anything to you or Shawn. I thought I was doing the best for him, I just wanted his happiness and he looked happy with music." She told them looking down, my eyes started to sweat a little.

Aaliyah hugged her side as Rachel let out a happy sigh. "I'm by your side, Rachel. The little one will have me for sure." Said Aaliyah.

"Us too." Said my dad. "We are not going to hate you Rachel." He added softly as she smiled to him.

"What's her name?" Asked my mom sweetly staring in awe at her grandchild between my arms.

"Her name is Maeve." I answered to her, she dried a few tears.

"That's so beautiful. I'm so happy." Said my mom watching her. "Can I hold her?" She whispered. I hummed and handed her to my mom.

My dad stood up and made his way next to my mom, both of them staring at their grandchild while Aaliyah looked at us.

"Are you guys back together?" She asked, I shook my head. "What? But, you guys have a baby!" She said

"Liyah, let us time to adapt about our new family life." Said softly Rachel. "Then, we will talk with your brother of what we want to do and how." She added

"Yeah, I guess you are right." She told her.

"We will figure it out everything when Shawn will finish his tour, eh?" Said Rachel looking at me.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah we will." I told her.

"But, he finishes it in December!" She exclaimed as Rachel laughed. "You guys will talk in December then." She said. "How are you going to do while Shawn is on tour?" She added

I looked at Rachel not knowing what to say, we haven't really talked about it. "Well, I will call him or he will call us everyday so the little one can see his pretty face." She laughed. "And I'll probably join him with Maeve while he's doing the North America leg." She shrugged as I stared at her.

"You will?" I asked to her while she turned around. Aaliyah left us and walked towards my parents.

She nodded. "I mean, yes. I thought about it, you are my baby's daddy and we must be close to her cause we are a family." She smiled. "And, I thought it would be cool to see you performing, eh?" She asked.

I threw my arms around her and brought her closer to me. "Thank you so much, it means the world to me. I love you." I told her truthfully. "You don't have to say it back." I said softly to her, she nodded and kissed my cheek softly.

"So, I'm coming with you." She said happily, I nodded not being able to say something.

[EDITED]
Two more chapters and it's the end!!!

Also I posted a new book, you can check it out if you want to!