42. the one who got a bad idea

RACHEL PLARAS
"Breaking up with you."

"What's happening with you and him?" Asked Hailee bringing her cigarette to her lips.

"He is too busy and every time I try to talk, he snaps at me." I mumbled looking away.

Shawn's album was out since his birthday and I could tell that he was stressed every time. Our relationship was going nowhere, his attitude was starting to bother me, his I love you's were rare now, his kisses were non existent and I started to ask questions to myself.

"What are you thinking? Y'know I'll support you no matter what you do." She softly spoke as I nod.

"I'm thinking of breaking up with him. It's too hard, I worked so hard to make word this relationship and I thought we were okay." I whisper. "I love him Hailee but it's too much for me." I added looking at the floor

Hailee's hand went under my chin and made me look up at her. "Don't be afraid to cry, love. I completely understand you." She told me. "You're scared and it's normal."

"Do you think I should talk to him tonight?" I asked to her as she nodded.

My phone rang making me groan. I grabbed it and saw the messages.

//

shawn
i'm free?
wanna spend some times together?

rachel💍
sure
spend some times with my
boyfriend would be great yeah
see you in a few

//

"Shawn is free so I'm going home." I said to Hailee picking up my stuff. "I will see you later."

She smiled and hugged me. "Yeah text me." I waved at her and left her place.

I drove to our place and parked the car. The only thing we could hear in the lobby was my heels on the floor, I unlocked the door and stepped in.

"Hey." I mumbled seeing Shawn in the kitchen drinking tea.

"Hey baby." He hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"Can we talk?" I asked to him while he frowned. "I need to tell you how I feel and I don't want us to yell." I whispered

We moved to the couch and sat down, he looked at me and waited for me to talk but the words won't come out.

"How do you feel baby?" He asked looking at me.

"Honestly? Useless, unloved and lost. We used to be so close and now you barely talk to me, you always snap at me. And, I gave so much to make our relationship works and I thought we were okay." I said to him.

"What's going on in your mind lately?" He asked as I winced

"Breaking up with you." His eyes flashed with sadness at my words but I needed to be honest with him and myself.

"You mean? Break up? Like a real break up?" He asked looking at me. "Do you still love me?"

I looked up. "Shawn, I love you with every inch of me but what happened to the 'I will always have time for you'?" I said to him

He looked down and sniffled. "I'm just busy and I didn't see how much I was ignoring you. And I'm deeply sorry I don't want to loose you." His voice cracked at the end.

"I'm not saying that I will break up with you, I thought about it because I was lonely and I thought that our relation was going nowhere but w-we can still try." I said to him cupping his face and drying the few tears that fell.

"I will work on it, I promise." He said softly as I nodded and bit my lower lip.

"I love you Shawn." I whispered staring at him.

He pecked my lips and flashed a sad smile. "I love you too. I'm sorry."

I knew that he was sorry, sad and confused. But, I hated myself for thinking of this. He was the man I thought I was going to marry and here I was: totally doubting of my relationship.

[EDITED]
quick update! 🤧