29. the one who was trying to understand

SHAWN MENDES
"She was mine"

My best friend liked my girlfriend. How could he? He knew how hard it was for me to find a good girlfriend.

I walked to the living room seeing Brian and Jon sitting. "So, you like her?" I said as he looked up.

He frowned. "What?"

I scoffed. "She told me that you like her? How could you?" I told him as he gulped

"I'm sorry Shawn, It's not my fault," He said as I scoffed again.

"Not your fault? Stop following her like a dog everyone she goes, stop trying to flirt with her when I'm here!" I yelled as he stood up

"I will follow her if I want to," He yelled as I pushed him.

"You know how hard it is for me to find a girlfriend who understands me. No one cares about my mood changes, only her does. You never give a fuck about my problems, and now that I found someone that I truly love, you try to take her," I said. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I saw her first! I welcomed her here while you were playing the bad boy and of course, she fell in love with you!" He said

"You are crazy because she fell in love with me and not with you! She's mine and she will never be yours," I told him as I left the living room.

//
Messages between Rachel & Shawn !

Rach;
Everything's okay?
Jon told me that you guys
were yelling

Shawn🧸;
Nothing babe
Can we go out tonight??

Rach;
Don't tell me that you yelled at him
while I asked you to be nice?
Oh god, you did IT
When I come home, we will figure this shit out.
And you have no choice.

Shawn🧸;
I know you're mad
but I love you
and I'm sorry 

Rach;
I love you too
but yeah I'm mad.

//

I sighed and walked over Jon. "Man? Why did you tell her?"

He shrugged. "This fight was about her," He told me. "It was better if she knew,"

"Yeah, sorry about this mess," I said as he shrugged. "She will hate me,"

"Do you truly love her or no?" I nodded and shifted in my seat

"I do, I never thought I would say this but I love her so much," I said. "She is really something else and I'll do everything for her,"

He grinned. "You don't have to worry about the fact that Brian likes or loves her, she is yours," He said. The words instantly made me smile in satisfaction, she was mine. "Look, you have been an asshole when she came here and Brian wasn't, but, she chose you over him," He shrugged

"I know, but, Brian is so much better than me you know? He's my best friend, just like you but I feel like he could take her any minutes,"

He shook his head. "Even if he tries, he couldn't. She is in love with you,"

Our heads snapped to the front door revealing my beautiful girlfriend, she took of her heels and walked to us.

"Hey J," She said kissing his cheek as he stood up.

"I'm going to my room cause you guys need to talk," He said as I nodded.

She sat next to me as I cleared my throat. "Shawn?" She whispered. "Why did you yell at him?"

"Rach, I love you with all my heart. You're the only one who cares about my mood swings or my problems and I don't want you to leave me," I said looking at the floor. "I care about you. Would I die for you? Yes, in a heartbeat. You're so much to me,"

Her hand laid on my cheek making me look up. "I will never leave you and you know that. I don't want you to loose your best friend."

I shook my head. "What you don't understand is that I don't need Brian I only need you,"

She cracked a smile and kissed my forehead. "You also need your best friends Shawn, even if you don't think so."

I sighed knowing she was right. "Hey," Said Brian behind us I tensed up as he sat in front of us.

"Hey B." She said, my hand grabbed hers and intertwined it. "You can talk."

"I hate myself for liking you Rachel, I do," He started. "Because, Shawn is my best friend and you make him feel so much better since you are in this house and I don't want you to leave,"

I scoffed as I looked away. "I'm ready to be only best friend with you for Shawn's happiness. He needs you and you need him," He shrugged as she smiled

"This is so nice B," She said hugging him. "I never meant to make you like me, I'm sorry," He shook his head.

"I will be at my parents' house for a week just the time to recover from this," He said as we both nodded.

"Wait!" I yelled as he turned around. "Thank you Brian," He sent me a smile and went in his room.

[EDITED]
This is a shitty chapter but I wrote 800 words lmaooo
I don't even know why I post that.

Sorry if I did mistakes tho