17. the one who asked a date

(A/N: This is a loooong chapter so enjoy it and tell me what did you think about it)

RACHEL PLARAS
"Because we're a team, we're going to work this together."

My eyes fluttered as I smelt pancakes. I woke up and went into the bathroom. I did what I had to do.

When I went downstairs, surprisingly Brian was cooking. I smiled at him and sat. "Are you cooking Mr.Craigen?" I asked as he laughed

"Yes since you always cook I wanted to make something for you." He told me making me smile

"Awn. Thank you." I said making him smile and kiss my cheek. "Where are the guys?" I asked

"Most of them are sleeping, one is at the gym" He replied watching his watch. "He should be back in a few"

We kept talking until Brian had to head upstairs. I took my phone and checked it, multiple messages from my parents and a few Instagram notifications. I locked my phone and went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass and poured it with a whiskey background, I drank it as the alcohol burned my throat.

I turned around seeing the door opened revealing Shawn, sweaty and extremely hot. He smiled at me and walked towards me, "Morning" he kissed my cheek. "Wow did you drink?"

I nodded. "Yeah a little just needed confidence for today" I added as he frowned

"Why?" He asked drinking water.

"I start my shift at twelve today" I replied as he smiled. "And I was nervous"

"That's great," He said. "What about a date tonight?"

I choked on my water and looked at him. "A date? Like a real date?" He nodded. "Oh erm sure" I smiled

I thought he was kidding when he asked me because he was so chill. He didn't even stutter, he kissed my cheek and smiled. "I'm gonna shower real quick" I nodded as turned around. "You can join me if you want to"

"Shut up, you idiot" We laughed as he disappeared from my view.

I softly sighed and sat. Was it a friendly date? Or a real date? Did he like me? Too many questions were jostling in my mind. I liked him but he was horrible with these mood changes, but I really thought that he could work on it and maybe I could help him.

I spent the morning trying to find a decent dress for tonight even if I wasn't a fan of dresses. I finally found the perfect one, a dress grey silk that cake below to my knees with white heels. Maybe I was doing too much? Anyway, he would have to deal with it. At 11:55 am I was already at the café, ready to start.

The day went perfect. The customers were lovely and amazing to me. After I finished my shift I went back to the house and got ready.

I put my heels on and took my phone.

Shawn😘;
Waiting for you downstairs x

I smiled crazily and took a deep breath. I went downstairs as I saw Shawn sitting at the dinner table, with a bouquet of white roses, my heart melted. He was really handsome, he was wearing a black pant with a white Saint Laurent t-shirt who was tucked in, his hair was messy and made me want to run my fingers through it, his skin was glowing as usual.

My phone vibrated as he looked up. Once, he saw me his mouth slightly opened as he gulped. He stood up and made his way to me, he took my hand in his and walked out. We stepped in the car as I looked to my phone and rolled my eyes.

Shawn😘;
Bet you will look amazing x

"So cheesy Mendes" I answered looking at me.

"I was right, you look breathtaking" He laid his hand on my tight, I laced my mind to his.

"You look good too," I said as he smirked and brought my hand to his lips and pressed a kiss on my knuckles.

Thirty minutes after, we were sitting at a table in a restaurant. He got a table hidden from the public just the two of us, in our own world. Surprisingly, I wasn't sat in front of him but next to him.

"This place is amazing," I said as he nodded

He smiled. "My mom talked about it to me earlier"

I raised an eyebrow. "So she knows that I'm on a date with you?" He blushed and nodded. "That's cute"

"You know Rachel-" I cut him off chucking

"Rach, Shawn. Call me Rach" I said putting my hand over his.

"Sorry. I'm nervous." He chuckled making my heart beat faster. "I-I really like you Rach and I understand if it's not reciprocated I was an asshole to you" He smiled sadly. "You make me nervous and I don't know how to act around you" He admitted looking down

"Shawn, I like you too" He looked up, his eyes filled with happiness. "You acted like an asshole yeah. And I'm sure I could help you with your mood changes" She smiled to him

"Why would you help me?" He asked.

"Because we're a team, we're going to work this together," I said smiling as his hands cupped my cheek. "Do you want us to be a team?"

"Of course" He finally sealed our lips in a passionate and tender kiss, we pulled away and smiled. "We're a team" He whispered

We were a team.

[EDITED]
Rachel & Shawn💕💘💗💗💓💞

This part was really long. I hope you liked it!

Also, this book hit 1K earlier today. Thank you so much!!🥺🥺🥺🥺

Sorry for the mistakes!