One Date Zack Fair x Reader

You were lost. 

So lost. 

So horribly lost. 

You were struggling to hold your panic down as you wandered around the forest. You seemed to pass by the same oak tree that seemingly had a face. At this point you honestly couldn't tell, you were dying of thirst. 

How you even got lost is a story in itself. 

Basically, you and your friends decided to play a game of Truth or Dare and sure enough, it got heated between everyone and you decided to pick dare. Thus what lead you into going into the forest. You had to find a certain flower that was known only to grow in the Gongogan forest. 

But now you were lost trying to find that stupid flower, which you haven't even found yet! 

You were just mad and frustrated at this point. 

Your feet were aching and your leg muscles hurt.

It could not get worse! 

Until you heard the snarling of a pack of Guard Hounds. 

You screamed and bolted as fast as you could but you knew they were right behind your heels. 

"Help!" You screeched. 

You tripped over a tree root and slammed into the hard ground knocking the wind out of you. You tried to get up to continue to run but the harsh fall caused all the breath to leave your lungs. 

Instead of hearing the snarling of nearing Guard hounds, you heard the whimper and fleeting footfalls of them. 

What were they running away from?

Surely it must be something worse. 

"Hello?" 

You managed to look behind you and saw it was actually a boy. When his beautiful blue eyes settled onto yours a grin spread across his face. 

"Well hey there! Need a hand?" He grinned. 

"A little, yeah." You chuckled. 

He jogged over and outstretched his gloved hand. You placed one hand over your skirt to keep it down as he easily pulled you onto your feet. 

"I'm Zack." He grinned. 

"I'm (Name)." You nodded trying to hide your blush. 

He was adorable and reminded you of a puppy. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doing in the middle of the forest?" He asked. 

Was he flirting?! 

"I-Well it's a long story," You blushed tucking a lock of hair behind your ear, "I was with my friends and I got dared to bring back a Blue Gem Flower." 

"You must also be a native of Gongaga to know what it is then." 

"I am. Does that mean you are?" You giggled. 

He nodded.

Why am I so giggly? Is this what it feels like to be in love?! 

"So, since I scared away the pack of Guard Hounds, helping you find the Blue Gem Flower, and leading you out of these forests, I think this hero should get a reward." He grinned pressing his thumb to his puffed-out chest. 

"Well then, what do you want?" You asked. 

"Maybe a kiss? Or even better, a date!" He grinned. 

"Hmmm, If you do help me find this flower and escort me back to safety, I will consider your reward." You teased. 

He grinned at your consideration and fist pumped the air...