Chapter 16

Alan's POV:

It was the night before Christmas and all through my house, not a creature was stirring except for me because I wanted to give Austin his presents. I was sitting on my bed wrapping his gifts. i was trying really hard to make them all wrapped pretty but honestly it is harder than you think.

I decided to put all the cute small things in one box and all the stuff I got from... a certain store... in the other. The one with the small stuff was going to be white and the other was going to be black. "Oh man, the look on Austin's face when he sees this" I said to myself. Yeah I talk to myself, whatever. I was attempting to wrap the black box but I suck at wrapping and I was getting frustrated so I started admiring the stuff I got Austin.

Like usual, my mom barged into my room without knocking. I threw whatever I was holding in the box and put the top on it right before she got into my room. "Hey Alan, whats in the box?" my mom asked curiously. "One of Austin's birthday presents... don't even think about looking." I said seriously.

"Okay okay you seem to be having trouble, want me to help?" I nodded and she sat next to me. "Where's the tape Alan?" She asked looking around. "Oh its on the floor hold on" I said before bending over the side of my bed to get the tape. When I got back up I saw my mom peeking through the top of the box. "Mom quit it!" My mom snapped her fingers, "damn I almost saw inside!"

"You need to stop being such a snoop mom seriously." I said while we were wrapping up the box. She just laughed and taped the last part. "Can you at least tell me what is in the other box you have?" My mom asked pleadingly. "Whatever" I sighed and picked up the other box. I gave it to my mom and she quickly opened it and went through everything.

"Awww Disney movies, cds, starwars, concert tickets! Alan this is so cute, but whats with the underwear?" my mom asked. I laughed before answering. "Oh that's really a joke, Austin loves new boxer briefs so I thought it would be funny." I said while giggling. My mom laughed and helped me wrap it.

 I was pretty happy with the presents I got Austin, I hope he likes them. I spent the rest of the night watching Christmas movies with my mom. We were sitting on the couch drinking hot chocolate, but it wasn't the same because it was still like 70 degrees outside. "The one thing I miss since we moved is snow." I sighed leaning my head on my mom's shoulder. "Well Alan, something good always comes out of something bad. You lost the snow but you got Austin." I smiled and laughed. "Its time we find you a boyfriend mom seriously!" She just scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I don't need no man in my life I got my own little two to take care of me, you and Austin." 

After the movie ended I was tired so I headed up to bed. Just as closed my eyes, they shot open again. "shit shit shit" I muttered to myself. I left my mom's present unwrapped on my desk. I ran over and grabbed the small box, wrapping it and sneaking downstairs quietly. I went over to the small tree we set up and put her present under it. 

I was excited to see her reaction to the necklace I got her, I think she is gonna love it. I smiled to myself and went to bed. I hadn't seen Austin in a couple days and I couldn't wait to see him again.

"Alan come downstairs and open your presents!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I groaned and checked my phone, Austin texted me saying he would come over to pick me up in a little bit. We were going to open our presents at the bungalow.

I went downstairs and made my mom breakfast. Its just a thing I have always done for her on Christmas morning after my dad left. After we both finished eating we went and opened presents. As usual my mom got me the presents I wanted even though I never tell her what I want. She just gets me somehow I guess. 

I just wanted to see her reaction to the present I got her. Honestly when I saw the price it hurt but her reaction was so worth it. "Alan you didn't have to get me anything seriously!" I just laughed and motioned for her to open it. "This wasn't necessary Alan- Oh my... its gorgeous Alan seriously you didn't have to!" I went over and hugged her. "Well I wanted to!"