Opening Chapter

"Just one more sleep!" I kept telling myself as i tried to close my eyes, squeezing them just hoping for them to ease into closing without applying pressure, but nope, it was failing miserably, i was going to see Eminem, VIP! This entitled me to a meet and greet at his concert for his 'Anger Management Tour' which was promoting his amazing new album 'The Eminem Show' the show was taking place tomorrow night, 9pm sharp!

Unable to sleep and from tirelessly tossing and turning gave up trying to nod off and sat up in bed. I flicked on the bedside lamp and looked over to the clock on my wall, it was 3.20am. I came too and lent over to check my mobile which was charging, fully charged up for all the soon to be Eminem footage, I wanted to make sure I got enough videos and photos to last me a life time! A message from my best friend who was coming with me had been sat there unopened whilst my brain had been thinking up all of the songs that i was soon to be rapping along to, side by side with Eminem,

I opened up the text from Karlie which read:

from: KARLIE
02:26am  8/2/2001

Jodie I Can't Wait 4 Tomorrow! ITS FEB 8TH NOW!! EMINEM, INFRONT OF US! IN REAL LIFE!! IN MANCHESTERRR! R U Awake?? xxx

I replied back to her and for a further hour or so i found myself constantly smiling at the hype going down in between our witching hour texts, but no sooner than I had thought my eyes began to grow heavier and the brightness of my phone screen was soon beginning to strain on my eyes, maybe if I focused them elsewhere for a second to take the strain away?
I looked up at the numerous posters at the foot of my bed, my mum never liked me putting them up, she liked Eminem as an artist but at 18 years of age she seemed to think that I'd outgrown them and that the posters were a bit too 'childish' for me as a woman, but i didn't care, i had no boyfriend and no one to impress so i spent half of my time singing and practicing my dance routines around my room. If I had to admit it deep down there were occasions where I actually pretended that Eminem was evaluating me from the glare of his poster stare, well, if he was im pretty damn sure he wouldn't be showcasing me in one of his music videos!

*BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!*

As soon as my sleep deprived brain moved my hand to violently abuse the snooze button my eyes widened frantically! I jumped out of bed, almost falling flat on my face and ran from my room to the bathroom, i looked in the mirror, tousled with my long brown locks and whispered 'Eminem, I'm meeting him! Tonight! What the fuck!?" I smiled at myself and washed my face whilst humming and partly singing 'Superman' as i dabbed my face dry.

As the morning passed i realised that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't eat, i was too excited, my mum had been laughing at me all morning as i endlessly told her why it meant soo much to me and how big of a deal it was that he was coming to England, she thought nothing of it with her vacant stare and "hmm's" but nonetheless i continued to batter her earlobes! I wanted her to share my enthusiasm! I soon let her ears rest as I checked the time, I needed to dress myself!

After changing my outfit I'd say 1637282 times  i shoved my hair up and grabbed my car keys, i was going to pick up Karlie for our day out of pampering!

First off, we started the day by going to the sunbeds, we'd been going on them for months just so that we had acquired a really nice, built up and even tan without that fake, off-putting biscuit smell of a spray tan. We then headed off to the Spa for the rest of the afternoon to get the full works, we simply had to be the very best forms of ourselves, who'd go to meet Eminem and not prepare for such an event! Now waxed and walking like John Wayne we both shuffled down the corridor and got our manicures and pedi's, all relaxed and feeling like a million bucks we ended up in the spa, relaxing in the jacuzzi...