37 좋은 의사 (Good Doctor)

Kim Seokjin met the eyes of a dimple smiling Kim Namjoon

Kim Seokjin met the eyes of a dimple smiling Kim Namjoon. The headline of said news stated:

The meaning behind his latest lyrics for a newcomer hip hop group:

If you can't fly, then run.
Today we will survive.
If you can't run, then walk.
Today we will survive.
If you can't walk, then crawl.

"It was inspired by a good friend of mine. He taught me that human beings can be strong and overcome many hardships. He keeps fighting his demons and winning against them. He became a survivor and I'm glad to be called his friend."

The model smiled when he read about if you can't fly. Too many feelings and memories attached to that small sentence. Said too many years ago when he, alone, provided Seokjin the courage to take a step to change his future.

__________

¤ Flashback ¤

¤ Flashback ¤

Kim Seokjin was 13 years old when he first went to a doctor to try to get better on his trauma. Although he received a little bit of therapy when he was in the hospital, his mother decided to wait two months without it once he got discharged from the hospital.

To see if he could get better by himself.

Because having any mental health condition might turn you into a pariah in South Korea's society.

Although modern changes and new laws to improve the conception of it, it's still a delicate topic in the streets. A taboo. While dealing with mental issues, it's better to be quiet about it and keep the secret of having a mental illness to yourself or closest your family members.

That's why, Kim Seokjin, although still a teenager, didn't have to be a genius like Namjoon to know that his country was an unhappy nation. A place that hid mental health problems like dust under the carpet. It's sad that most south Koreans tended to routinely ignore the symptoms or had to constantly lie about them so they don't get stigmatized.