Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Sofia's POV:

The first week of college had gone by so slowly and I don't think that words can describe how pleased I am that it's the weekend. I had recieved nothing but hatred from Lydia and her little gang. I swear, that bitch is all obsessed with Joey. She literally will never leave him alone, we can't even walk through the corridor without her or one of her minions being all over him. Don't get me wrong, I can totally understand why she feels that way about him but he's made it pretty clear he hates her and also he has a girlfriend. And because this bitch can't get what she wants, she takes it out on the one who has it. I suppose there's an element of jealousy for the both of us but I'm not going to bully anybody because of it.

Some of the things she's said have just made me want to break down. She's called me things like a worthless whore and told me to kill myslef so many times I don't have enough fingers to count it. Everything has just reminded me of when I lived with my Dad. All the things he'd call me, they're exactly the same as what Lydia is saying. They have the same manipulative personalities, it's almost as if they know each other. 

I was doing my best to clear my mind because today, Grace and I were going shopping and by shopping I mean going to every record store in Oakland and Hot Topic. She'd picked up on me being down and offered to get away from it all for a day. I chucked on my oversized Of Mice And Men sweater, black skinny jeans and black converse. I grabbed my grey bag which was covered in so many band patches that you couldn't really tell that it was grey. Joey was still sleeping so I decided to write him a note which read:

Morning Joey, I didn't want to wake you 1) because you look adorable sleeping and 2) I hate it when you wake me on the weekends so I thought I'd be nice for once ;)  Anyway, I'm going shopping with Grace today and who knows, maybe I'll even get you a little something. I love you, have a great day x

I placed the note on the counter, picked up my key and left. I was meeting Grace at her house, she didn't live too far from Joey and I which was fortunate. The warm breeze made my hair blow in the wind, this kind of thing made me never want to go back to England. I turned onto the street Grace lived on and walked up to her doorstep. I pressed the doorbell and heard it ring faintly. A few seconds later I heard footsteps come rushing down the stairs and the door unlock. Grace stood before me with a massive grin on her face. 

"Hey!" she exclaimed, jumping through the doorframe.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked

"Great thank you! I was on face time to Cole last night and Max came in and started telling me all these embarrassing childhood stories of Cole. It was hilarious." she giggled

"Yeah, I can imagine. What kind of things did he get up to?" I said, beginning to walk towards 1,2,3,4 Go! Records. 

"Well one of them is really gross. Basically he was on the school bus and was feeling ill and had to thow up. The girl he liked at the time was sat in front of him and he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of her. Beause he tried to hold it in, it came out of his nose and everybody noticed and there was another time when he forgot to get a field trip form signed so he forged his mum's signature. It would have worked well if he hadn't signed her name as 'Mom'" she told me. I found this hilarious and it was inevetable that I'd use them against him at some point. 

Grace and I soon turned up at 1, 2, 3, 4, Go! Records and were immediately mesmerised by everything they had to offer. Grace was ahead of me and turned to pull a face at me. I new straigt away why she was pulling that face. I ran over to her to see Lost at 17 and Swim sat there. We both still get pretty excited by this and I was so proud of them. 

We both got a ton of new records and we headed to the shopping centre for lunch and Hot Topic. We'd decided Pizza Hut was the place for lunch and my hunger was making me an irritable person. It took what felt like forever to get to Pizza Hut but when we eventually arrived and got seated, I was relieved. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and saw there was a Facebook message from Lydia. Great. 

'Alright, listen up bitch. I know more about you than you think I do. You're a complete slag and Joey could do so much better. A little birdy told me that you've had some... issues in the past. I heard you're insane and you're so weak you have to cut?! Ha. So here's the deal, you break up with Joey and your secret will be safe. You don't and I tell everybody everything. Your call bitch.'

Everything that she had said felt true. Joey can do better than me, I am so weak and pathetic. I don't want to let her sabotage my relationship with Joey, I can't let her win. But at the same time, I don't want everybody to find out. Not even Joey knows. The pain and confusion that this girl is causing me was becoming a serious issue for me and I had no idea what to do.

"Sofia" Grace said, bringing me out of my trance. I looked up to see her and the waiter looking at me, I assumed they were wondering what I was going to eat.

"Oh, uh. Sorry. I'll have a small Pepperoni pizza please." I requested. The waiter nodded and walked away.

"Dude, is everything okay?" Grace asked, clearly concerned. I considered telling her but I just couldn't

"Yeah, everything's okay. Sorry about that." I lied

"It's cool. You just scared me a bit." she said. 

Everything was just baffling me. I didn't know how to react but one thing I knew for sure was that I couldn't take this for very much longer. 

About four hours later, I had just walked past Grace's street and I was on my way back home. I had my earphones in and Blink-182's Feeling This was drowning out reality. I was startled by a car speeding past and liquid was dripping from my hair. The car drove off too fast for me to be able to see who it was but I had no doubts as to who it was. This made me feel even more unwanted and hated and it was enough to push me too the edge. After everything I'd been through with my dad and Alex and now these twats, it was all too much. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me to a small, desolate park.I fell to my knees, tears streaming down my face. I opened my bag and saw a small bottle filled with tiny pills. I always kept them with me incase I needed to take them, not for this purpose. I emptied the bottle into the palm of my hand and took them with no hesitation. I wanted to scream out for help. I regretted the decision but I knew it was too late. My vision was going blurry.

"I love you Joey." I whispered with all the energy I had, and then it all went black.