Chapter 18

Chapter 18:

Grace’s POV:

It was so lovely to be home. Mine parents had arranged a ‘welcome home’ meal for me and also invited Seb and his parents too. It was great catching up with my family even though I’m only staying a week. Emily’s Army are going on Warped Tour and invited me along with them! But today is a special day for me; Cole and I are spending the day together and then he’s taking me to see ‘Grease’ at a drive in cinema. I decided it’d be a good idea to get up, so I went downstairs in my pyjamas to see that my parents had both gone to work and my siblings were all out with friends. I had the house to myself so I blasted the album ‘Restoring Force’ by Of Mice & Men. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and danced about without a care in the world.

After about half an hour of this, I came to the conclusion that I should probably get ready to meet Cole. I took a real quick shower, then dried and straightened my hair. I picked out one of my ‘My Chemical Romance’ t-shirts, red skinny jeans and my black Doc Martens before checking my phone to see that I had ten minutes before I needed to leave so I sprawled out on the sofa and flicked through the TV channels until I found Kerrang. I felt my phone go off in my pocket and I found a text from Cole.

 ‘Hey Grace, I can’t wait to see you. I’m a little early so I can come straight to yours to get you if you like? X’

I smiled at this and nodded. Then I realised he couldn’t see me nodding so I replied with

‘Aw I can’t wait to see you either :) If you like, thank you! X’ Before long there was a knock at my front door. I opened it to see Cole stood there in a white shirt with tiny blue flowers on it and blue denim shorts. He looked amazing.

“You ready to go?” he asked, holding out his hand for me to take. I took it and locked the door behind me. Cole led me to his car which was mach 1 Volkswagen golf in red. It was an old car, yes, but Cole had it refurbished so it looked and felt like it was brand new.

“So where do you wanna go?” he asked once we were both sat in his car.

“I don’t mind, we could just go for a drive and see where we end up?” I suggested, looking into his blue eyes. He smiled and nodded at me before starting his car and beginning to drive. He handed me his phone to choose some music to play. I know he loves The Bangups so ‘Hellcat!’ it was. I put the album on shuffle and Ego Wrecking Ball was the first on.  Cole’s eyes lit up when he heard the intro and he sang along with the whole song, I hummed the tune and let Cole have the spotlight.

After maybe an hour or so of driving, singing and chatting with Cole, we pulled up to an empty parking lot in front of a little forest.

“Where are we?” I interrogated once we were out of the car.

“This is some place my dad used to take Cade, Max and I when we were younger. From what I remember, it was cool.” He replied, smiling at me. We began to walk through the trees and along the horizon I could see some turquoise water, glittering in the sunlight. Cole noticed what I’d seen and a grin shot across his face. A few minutes of walking in comfortable silence, we arrived at the lake. Cole was definitely right, it was cool here. There was a picnic bench but not much else. The idea of it was to just enjoy the view I suppose. There was nothing else around and it was clearly just a forgotten location. I made my way to where the water began and looked down at the lake. I felt Cole’s presence beside me.

“Do you like it?” he asked.

“It’s amazing; it’s honestly the most beautiful place I’ve ever been.” I replied, looking at him. Our eyes met and I genuinely felt so damn happy. His eyes sparkled and a smile formed on the lips I so badly wanted to kiss. But I couldn’t bring myself to do it; it just wasn’t the right time yet.