Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Sofia’s POV:

It must be about 3am and I can’t sleep. It’s got to be out of fear, fear of Alex and my dad finding me and hurting Joey. I turned to face his peaceful body, he looked so sweet, I can’t wake him. I step out of bed and tip-toe to our en suite. I look at my reflection in the mirror and am struck with realisation. I’ve failed myself. I’ve failed my family. Not that they care.  I’ve failed the boys, Grace, everyone. But worse than that, I’ve failed Joey.  I roll up my sleeves and look down at my wrists. I didn’t want to do it, I tried so hard to resist up until now. All that filled my head was the dark thoughts that I thought I had gotten rid of; there was no going back now. I took the blade to my skin and just cut it. 6 months clean all for nothing. I heard shuffling around from my room and then heard Joey groan a little. I quickly cleaned up what I could and rolled my sleeves down. I flushed the toilet to make it seem like that’s why I wasn’t in bed. Not long later, I walked out of the en suite and over to Joey. He was sat up looking at me. I began to get paranoid that he knew and did everything possible to cover it up.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” He whispered in a concerned voice.

“Oh yeah, I’m fine.” I lied.

“You were in the bathroom a long time; I thought I heard you crying.” He questioned, so maybe he was awake.

“No, you must be hearing things.” I said leaning over and kissing him softly.

We both got settled in bed again and eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

“Guys! It’s the day we do something productive! Get the fuck up!” Seb shouted, I opened my eyes to see Seb jumping on mine and Joey’s bed wearing only his socks and boxers.

“Jesus, Seb. Put some clothes on!” I groaned.

“It could be worse.” He replied.

“You’re right.” I said slipping back into Joey’s arms. He sat up and kissed me, I think it was because he knew Seb would leave if he did that.

Joey and I agreed we should get ready so I grabbed my clothes and went back to the bathroom. I looked out the tiny window to see what the weather’s like, typical. It’s like a gorgeous summer’s day. I sighed as it would mean wearing a jumper would be boiling, but I don’t want to hurt Joey or anyone else for that matter. I had picked my black ‘As It Is’ hoodie and some ripped skinny jeans. Once I was dressed and looked somewhat tolerable, I left the bathroom for Joey to use and went to see everyone else. When I walked into our living area, I saw Max sat on Travis’s lap, Grace and Cole sat together and Seb sprawled out on the floor.

“Morning!” Grace smiled at me. I vaguely smiled a little and replied with a simple

“Hey.” Max, Travis and Seb were caught up in a conversation about who’s going to beat who in their go carting race, Cole was chatting to Grace, they were clearly crazy for each other, and it was so cute!  Joey was taking forever so I decided to get some food from the fridge, we didn’t have much so I nibbled on some grapes that we had. I heard footsteps coming over to the kitchen so I pulled myself together and turned to look at the doorway.

“Everything alright?” I heard Travis ask. Our eyes met and I felt choked up so I just nodded. “Sure? You know you can tell me anything.” That was enough to let a tear roll down my face. He pulled me in for a long hug, it was quite comforting.

“Can we talk about this later?” I asked him quietly.

“Yeah, just pull through today. Enjoy it, I mean it’s your day with Joey! It’s gonna be amazing, trust me.” He announced, making me feel slightly better. We walked out back into the living area and Joey was coming out of our room, he grinned at me and took my hand.