Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

Grace’s POV:

It was so great meeting Emily’s Army and Sofia yesterday! They were honestly some of the nicest people I have ever met. I had woken up about half an hour ago and was sat in my bed just checking my phone when there was a knock at my door.

“Who’s there?” I shouted. Seb walked through with a McDonald’s bag and handed it to me.

“We’re all going to set up in a bit, Sofia’s coming with us, you wanna come?” he asked. I nodded taking a bite out of my breakfast.

“Awesome, well you best hurry up and get your ass out of bed.” He said taking a bit out the other side of my mcmuffin before getting up and walking out.

Not too long later, I was on my way to Sofia and Joey’s room when I heard footsteps behind me.

“Grace!” I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to see a cheerful looking Cole.

“Hey!” I said, grinning at him. Out of everyone, Cole was the person I had spoken to the least; he seemed like a really sweet guy.

“So uh, how’s it going?” he asked, just about catching up with me.

“It’s going pretty good thanks, what about you?” I replied.

“It’s going okay, the tour’s going to be so much more energetic with Seb here!” he stated, a huge grin on his face. I giggled at this. He was definitely right about that, Seb is like an uncontrollable, skateboarding puppy.

Cole and I continued to talk about the tour and everything that’s gone on so far.

“By the way, family is a soft topic for Sofia so avoid that if you can. I’m sure she’ll explain sooner or later but until then just don’t say anything.” He told me.

Cole and I began to walk to the venue as it wasn’t very far away. When we arrived we discovered we were the first ones there. We heard footsteps coming down from upstairs.

“Alfredo, what have I told you about putting your slippers on the stairs!” a voice shouted. Seconds later, somebody appeared in the doorway

“Ah, you must be the band! Not so much people?” Said a small Spanish woman.

“I’m from the band; the others aren’t here yet. I’m Cole, this is my friend Grace.” He said putting his hand on my shoulder. I’m not saying it gave me butterflies but I definitely felt something.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Tamara. I run venue.” She said in her thick Spanish accent. Tamara had a long purple dress on and looked like she was in her late 40s. She showed us where the guys would be playing; there was a room next to the one we were in with a stage at one end and a sound and lighting room at the back. Cole and I went to have a look around backstage to see what was there, there were a few seats and a dressing room that had a piece of paper with ‘Emily’s Army’ written on it. Nothing too special. I collapsed onto a chair and looked over at Cole who was on his phone.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“I’m not too sure but they should be here soon.” He replied hardly looking up.

“What’s the matter Cole? You seem really down?” I questioned. He looked up this time, sorrow filled his eyes.

“Well, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me the other day; she’s been spreading shit about me back in California and keeps sending me bitchy texts.” He said choking up.