Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Sofia’s POV:

They’d found us. They had flown in from England to Amsterdam just for this and they were looking angrier than ever. How they had managed to get here so quick was beyond my belief, Alex had never been there for me and as for my dad, he’s just done a shit job at parenting and in my opinion, is no father of mine.

“So you really thought changing your phone number would stop us finding you?” Alex scoffed; he was the more sober one of the two. Dad was never sober. Even on the rare occasion that he was, he’d still be an abusive, miserable prick.

“It was worth a shot.” I replied, trying my best to stand up to them.

“Listen Sophie, as a responsible parent, it’s my job to make sure you’re in a safe environment and not out with a bunch of idiots.” My dad mocked, chuckling at his pathetic ‘sense of humour.’

“First of, it’s Sofia. Secondly, these guys are a better family to me than you have ever been, Joey is the most amazing boyfriend I could ever ask for and frankly, I’m happier than I’ve ever been living with you.” I shouted. Alex came striding over to where I was and I felt is hard palm smack across my cheek. I heard a chorus of ‘Shit!’ and ‘Oh my God!’ coming from my true friends. I heard Joey walk up behind me and take my hand to comfort me.

“You think you’re gonna get off lightly for trying to take Sofia off of me?” Alex spat at Joey.

“She clearly was never happy with you, and I can honestly see why, you asshole.” He replied with just as much hatred in his tone. I saw the fury I had seen many times before in Alex’s eyes. He shoved me out of the way and grabbed Joey by his collar.

“You just made this a lot worse for yourself, bastard.” He growled, throwing a punch straight at Joey’s face. I shouted his name and tried to go over to him but my dad pushed me onto the ground, kicking my stomach while he was at it. I sat up to see Alex beating the absolute crap out of Joey, my dad going to join him. I signalled for Travis to call the police to which he nodded and took out his phone. Kellin and Patty were trying to keep everyone calm; Grace was being cuddled by Cole. This was all because of me, if I had never come on this tour, we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Before I could do anything else, two police officers and some paramedics barged into the room. My dad and Alex were taken away by the policemen and the paramedics were panicking over Joey’s still, motionless body. Everybody went back to their hotels, except for Travis, Joey and I who made our way to the hospital. As we were in Amsterdam, the paramedics were talking in Dutch so we couldn’t actually understand what they were saying, but they sounded quite alarmed.

“Is he going to be okay?” I asked, a tear rolling down my cheek, followed by many more.

“He’s unconscious and there’s a risk of internal bleeding but we’re doing our best.” The nurse informed Travis and I. When we arrived at the hospital, Joey was rushed off into a room we weren’t allowed in. Travis and I just sat in the uncomfortable chairs, watching complete strangers pass by and wondering why they’re here. The doctor that took Joey into what appeared to be surgery walked through the doors at the end of the corridor, coming in our direction. I immediately sat up and tapped Travis’s hand.

“Doctor, is there any news on Joey?” I questioned, hoping for an actual answer.

“Hmm, well you see miss…” he began,

“Sofia Martin.” I said, informing him of my name.

“Well Miss Martin, your friend has internal bleeding and has gone into a coma. We’ve operated on him and done what we can to stop the bleeding and he is showing early signs of waking but it could take up to a week for him to be fully conscious again.” The doctor stated.