Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Sofia’s POV:

It had been a few days since the show in Milan. The guys had done a couple more shows in other Italian cities and tonight is our last night in Rome before we fly too Barcelona tomorrow morning. Everyone was sat around either on their phones or procrastinating with a similar activity. I walked over to where Joey was sat and leapt onto the sofa next to him.

“Hey.” Joey said with a wink.

“Hey!” I replied grinning at him.

“I’m bored, let’s go out and find something to do.” Joey suggested. I agreed and we left to see Rome at night.

“We never saw the Colosseum.” Joey stated.

“Is that you saying we should go there?” I asked him.  Joey nodded, smiling a little. We wandered around for a bit, trying to find it. Eventually we saw it in the distance. It looked so pretty with lights shining on it from the ground.  Once we were closer to it, it dwarfed Joey and I. As we stood there, gazing up at it in awe, I felt Joey’s arm around my waist. I turned to look at him and he pulled me in for a hug.

“Thank you for coming on this tour with us.” Joey whispered.

“I should be the one thanking you! You’ve changed my life and I haven’t been so happy in years!” I told him, still in Joey’s warm embrace.

When I told him I hadn’t been so happy in years, I meant it. Joey, Travis, Max and Cole honestly made me the happiest I have ever felt. I loved being around them so much. For once in my life, I felt safe and wanted but around Joey, I feel more than that. There are the never ending butterflies in my stomach when I’m around him. My heartbeat is always stupidly fast around him, something that’s never happened with Alex.

I was pulled back into reality when I felt Joey take my hand and start pulling me away from the Colosseum and towards what looked like a little park.

As we reached the gates, we found it was open. We took a few steps in and see that there was a fountain with colourful lights all around it. The entire park had dim lights leading up to the fountain in the centre. It was honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. As Joey and I approached the fountain, we discovered we were the only ones here. Joey put his hand into the water and splashed me.

“Bring it on.” I said grinning at him. Before long, we were both drenched and there was water from the fountain all over the floor. I looked around to check we were still alone, which we were.

“That was fun.” Joey said trying to catch his breath. I nodded in agreement and smiled at our immaturity. Once again, Joey took my hand and pulled me closer to him. Our eyes met and I felt my heart flutter. He moved his hand onto his chest, directly above his heart. I felt it beating quickly.

“You did that.” He told me.

“Yeah, the water fight was energetic.” I replied smiling a little at him.

“No, well yeah but that’s not what I’m talking about.” It took me a few seconds to catch on to what he was saying. Once again, our eyes met but this time it was more intense. I was so dazed by what had just happened that I hadn’t realised Joey was a few centimetres away from kissing me. I smiled before I felt his soft lips meet mine, this couldn’t be more perfect. I pulled away after a few seconds to see Joey smiling like mad.

“You have no idea how much I’ve wanted to do that.” Joey told me, still grinning.

“Me too.” I replied, keeping my fingers intertwined with his.

“So, do you wanna be my girlfriend?” He asked nervously.  I nodded and pecked his lips again.

Once we’d arrived at the hotel, Joey turned to look at me.

“You wanna tell them?” he asked.

“We’re gonna have to at some point.” I told him, Joey nodded in agreement. We walked into the room as if nothing had happened to see the guys watching ‘The Impossible’.

“Oh hey guys.” Max said, barely looking away from the movie.

“Hey.” Joey and I said at the same time. I caught Travis’s eye and he knew straight away what had happened.

“No way.” He said, pausing the film to look at us.

“How did you do that?” Joey asked Travis and I.

“We’re telepathic.” Travis replied.

“Hang on, what?” Cole asked a little confused.

“They’re fucking dating Cole. Finally.” Travis told him enthusiastically. Max’s eyes lit up and he smiled at us.

“Good for you guys!” he said to us. Cole smiled at us but stayed quiet.

Later on that night, I went to talk to Cole as he’s seemed down all day.

“What’s up?” I asked him.

“Elise texted me yesterday.” He replied.

“Well that’s not so bad is it?”

“Yeah it is. She told me that she never loved me which really makes me feel like shit because I would have give anything to make her happy.”

I could tell Cole was heartbroken; I gave him a comforting hug and told him to forget about Elise. He agreed with me that it would be best to do that.

Joey’s POV:

I was laid on my bed just thinking about how amazing today had been. But Sofia seriously makes me feel unbelievably happy; it amazes me she even said yes. I saw Travis walk into my room and lay beside me.

“So you asked her out then.” He said, smiling and poking me in the stomach.

“Yeah, did you know she felt the same?” I asked him. Travis nodded and told me she’d liked me for a while. I have to say I was looking forward to telling Seb tomorrow. He’s been one of our closest friends for as long as I can remember and he’s the most dramatic person I know. I’m looking forward to having him back on the tour because he makes it way livelier than it already is. If you thought any of us were immature, Seb is worse. He’s a seven year old trapped inside an eighteen year olds body but that’s one of the reasons why I love him.

Once everyone was ready for bed, I hear a knock at the door and look up to see Sofia in her batman pjs. I smiled at her to let her know she could come in. She launched herself onto my bed and landed right next to me.

“I take it you want to sleep in here?” I asked her, she grinned at me and buried herself in my duvet. I joined her and pulled her close to me, I put her cold feet between my legs to try and warm them up. We just laid in each others arms for a bit before eventually drifting off to sleep.