Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Sofia’s POV:

So it was the morning of mine and Joey’s day out. I had absolutely no idea where we were going to go and what we were going to end up seeing, I just had a feeling that it was going to be an amazing day. I got up and took a quick shower before putting my dark brown hair into a messy bun. I raided my suitcase for some clothes and eventually decided on my ‘Same Love’ T-shirt and some pale blue shorts as it was a pretty hot day.

Once I had finished getting ready, I launched myself onto the sofa where Travis was sat watching some Italian cooking show.

“Someone’s a bit excited for their day out.” He said winking at me.

“Nah, it could wait.” I told him sarcastically. I joined him watching this completely uninteresting cooking show that neither of us could even understand. About fifteen minutes later, I saw Joey come out of his room wearing his Bruce Springsteen tour shirt and his signature mustard shorts. I know nobody else that could pull off mustard coloured clothing; it’s one of Joey’s talents.

“You ready to go?” he asked, passing me what I assumed was Max’s skateboard.

“Yeah.” I replied with a smile. With that we left and began our adventure of Milan.

After about half an hour, we found a little Italian market selling many things from compact mirrors to food. Joey and I stumbled upon a little stall that sold what appeared to be old records. Most of the artists were small time Italian artists; however there were a few more well known names in there. Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen. There was even a copy of Green Day’s album ‘Dookie.’ We picked up a couple that sounded pretty good and continued with our journey.

Some time later, I realised we hadn’t eaten yet so I suggested getting some food. We settled on getting pasta and while we were waiting for it to arrive, we made little conversation. Our silence was only the slightest bit awkward but I didn’t mind. Joey’s eye met mine and I smiled a little.

“Uh, Milan is nice.” He stated awkwardly.

“Yeah, it’s nicer than I expected if I’m perfectly honest.” I replied.

Joey nodded and we sat in silence again, but this time it was less awkward. I watched Joey out the corner of my eye and saw him grinning to himself. I honestly wonder what goes through that guy’s mind sometimes.

Joey’s POV:

My mind keeps coming up with impossible scenarios, usually picturing what it would be like if Sofia and I were together. I often find myself grinning uncontrollably at the thought of it and anyone who sees must think I’m some kind of mentalist.

So many thoughts filled my mind that I didn’t even notice our food arrived. Sofia must think I’m so anti-social for just ignoring her like this.

“Joey, you’ve been so quiet today, what’s up?” she asked.

“Oh, I’ve just been thinking a lot, sorry.” I told her honestly.

“Missing Seb already, huh?” she said, winking at me. Seb stayed in England with his cousin for a few days, he’s flying out to Spain when we’re there. I have to say it’s been pretty quiet without him.

Once we’d eaten everything and paid, we left to go explore more of Milan. On Sofia’s request, try and find a small river in a field. We go to Milan and of all the things to do, she picks a field. Sofia is a strange girl but I like that about her. After about half an hour of looking for a river, we give up and settle for a field of sheep.