Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Sofia’s POV:

The concert began in 2 hours and I was actually feeling really happy. My day with Joey went so well; I was surprised he agreed to coming with me if I’m honest. Seeing Noah again was awesome although he seemed to have changed a lot. Telling Travis my feelings for Joey made me feel better than keeping it all bottled up. I like him but if anyone found out then I’d get a ton of shit for it from Alex and my dad.

I was sat on the sofa just looking though all the pictures I’d taken on my camera when I felt the presence of someone else, I looked up to see Cole looking a little stressed out.

“What’s up?” I asked him as he looked over at me.

“Nothing, I just haven’t seen my girlfriend since we left California and I really miss her.” Cole innocently replied

“That’s so sweet; I take it she’s an awesome girl.”

“Yeah, she’s cool. I honestly think I’m in love with her.” He said with a massive grin on his face.

“Well I’m happy for you.” I said honestly, returning the smile.

“Don’t get mad, but just out of curiosity. You and Travis seem all over each other. Is there anything there?” he asked.

“No, he’s become like a brother to me and I don’t wanna ruin that.” I said whilst Cole nodded understandingly. We chatted about relationships and celebrities we thought were hot until it was almost time for the guys to go on stage.

I was stood at the side of the stage when I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I looked up to see Travis and we began dancing around until Max came over.

“Guys stop messing about, this is an important show.” He stated whilst tuning his bass.

“Max, lighten up a bit. Just have some fun.” I said to him whilst pulling him in for a hug.

“I’m sorry. I just get a little frightened before we go on stage.” And with that it was time they went on.

As they all appeared from the side of the stage, I heard the crowd of 200 fangirls scream. I caught Joey’s eye before they started the song. I mouthed ‘good luck’ and he winked back at me. I felt my heart skip a beat at this tiny gesture and I probably meant nothing more to him than I did to anyone else. It was just the hope of anything happening in my head that made me happy.

Once the concert was over, everyone came together for a group hug.

“That went so well!” Max exclaimed.

“I know! The crowd was awesome!” Joey said, obviously still hyped up from the show. I went to the dressing room to put my camera on charge to find Travis had followed me.

“You gonna tell Joey or what?” He said shooting me a wink.

“Give me some time.” I replied returning the wink. I walked over to him and was engulfed by his long arms. That was when I heard something I didn’t want to.

“There’s the little piece of shit.” came a voice that was all too familiar.

Travis released me from his grip and I turned around to see a furious Alex.

“So are you cheating on me with this scum bag?” he spat pointing at Travis.

“No. How did you know where I was?” I scoffed looking at him in disgust.

“Easy.” He replied as Noah walked through the door with a smug grin on his sly face.

“Now Sofia, you’re going to do exactly what I say. Pack your bags and get your bitch ass back to England.” I turned round to look at Travis but Alex grabbed my head to make me look into his evil, piercing eyes.

“No.” I replied. Big mistake. I felt a fist smack against my jaw, knocking me to the ground.

I felt my anxiety kicking in and tried to get to Travis but I realised it would probably make things worse. I was getting more and more scared by Alex until I lost control of myself and broke down into an emotional wreck with his repulsive figure towering over me. That was until the security guard of this venue walked in.

“Don’t think this is over. You’re still my fucking girlfriend and you can’t do shit about it.” He said before spitting on my sobbing body and striding out.

I looked up at Travis with my face tear stained face he walked over and pulled me up from the floor straight into a hug. I cried so hard into his shoulder for a good few minutes before I heard the door open.

“Shit what happened?!” I heard Joey ask when he’d seen my face. I looked over at Travis, signalling for him to explain to Joey because I didn’t have the energy.

After Joey had found out, I asked Travis to get Max and Cole so I could warn them that Alex was around.

Everyone seemed so understanding and caring. All the conversation we had was deliberately kept light-hearted and witty. We were heading back to the hotel and I really didn’t feel like talking to anyone. I was just lost in thoughts about how much better the guys could do with another photographer.

I thought about how much I appreciated everything the boys had done for me. Who knows what state I’d be in if they hadn’t invited me on the tour. Then it struck me. What is going to happen to me after the tour? I felt a small tear roll down my cheek at this horrifying thought so I tried to erase it from my mind.

We reached the hotel and the air outside was bitterly cold. I looked up into the night sky and saw all the stars so clearly. I felt an arm around my waist and looked over to see Joey. The other three had gone to the room.

“The sky looks so pretty.” Joey said trying to start conversation. I looked into his eyes and smiled at him. “You know what, as they’re so pretty. We should get a load of blankets and put them into the back of the truck and sleep there tonight.” He suggested. My heart melted a little, how could I resist?

Joey and I brought both our duvets and all our pillows down and found the truck and loaded them into the back. We clambered in and tried to get comfortable amongst the mound of blankets and pillows. As we laid, staring at the night sky, I once again felt Joey’s arm around my shoulders. I put my hand on his chest so I could feel his heartbeat and we laid together in blissful silence. Joey was so warm and I felt safe around him. Nobody else has ever made me feel so happy in my life. It was just the case of telling him this. I could get used to falling asleep in Joey’s arms, our bodies fitted together perfectly and constantly inhaling a scent only describable as ‘Joey’ was the closest thing to perfect I could imagine.

That was my final thought before I drifted into a deep, peaceful sleep. Who knows what could happen between me and Joey in the future? All I know is that I can definitely tell that I can trust him with my life.

*****

Can we just take a moment to wish JOEY AN AMAZING 19TH BIRTHDAY TODAY :D okay excitement over. Thanks dearys :)