Chapter 8

Its been a couple of weeks and it's was finally Halloween. I didn't go to school today because I needed to get cleaned up and stuff. I haven't talked to Latrelle either. I have seen him around but with a girl. Actually many girl's. I think it would be better if I just distance myself from him. That's what I get for loving a gang member though.

Even after all the warnings I still didn't listen. I guess that's what I get for even thinking he could change. Can't believe I thought he was any different from anyone else around here. Over the last couple of days I treated myself with food, sweets, and warm covers. No tears were aloud. Anyways enough bout him.

I took a nice long shower to shave and wash my hair/body. Then blow dried it and continued doing what I had to do till I was done. To pass time I just stayed in bed and watch Netflix till it was 10:08. I was supposed to be at ruby's house at 10. Oops. I text ruby I would be there at 10:30 because something happened. Yeah Netflix happened.

I when to put on my outfit, then do my hair, and finally my make-up.

(With out the rights but with little white shorts under it. But you can't see them if that makes sense)

(I actually used her hair instead)Then I grabbed the bat an phone and left the house

Then I grabbed the bat an phone and left the house. I quickly ran towards ruby's house to see them on the porch. "Who's ready for movie night" I said. "Actually we're going out because miss cow girl wanna have to fun" Monse said. "Oh" I said and we started walking towards Brent wood.

Once we got there for some reason Jamal and Monse went one at while the rest of us went the other way. "Did I miss something" I said really confused. "Cesar and Monse are just throwing a little pissy fight." Ruby said causing me to nod my head. Me and Olivia were way ahead of Cesar and Ruby so we got to know each other a little bit.

"You wanna do something fun. Let's go to that party" I said pointing to the house across the street. Olivia smiled. "Hey guy's let's go to that party" Olivia said to the boys. "I don't think that's a good idea." Ruby started till Cesar said something to him. "On second thought maybe we should" Ruby said causing me to cheer. Olivia grabbed my arm and we ran over to the house but slowly walked in.

We started to dance while Cesar and Ruby stood by the couch eating shrimp. Some guys came up to us. "You guys aren't from around here are you" one said. "No. We're from freeridge." Olivia said. "Along with those two party poopers" I said pointing to the guys still standing by the couch.

"I'm Corey and this is Brandon" Corey said. He was pretty cute. Nice curly hair, pale skin. Looked really smart. "I'm Olivia and this is Jade" Olivia said. "You wanna hang" Brandon asked Olivia. "Sure" She said and left me with Corey. "Guess it's just us now" Corey said. "And the many people around us" I said causing first to laugh. Cute. "It's kinda loud you wanna go for a walk" he asked "sure" I responded.

Kinda dumb move but I was caught up in the moment. "Were are you going" Cesar asked. "On a walk. Don't worry I'll have my phone on at all times we will stay close to the house now bye" I said as I grabbed Corey and pulled him out the house. "He's your brother" Corey asked. "No. Just a friend" I said. As we were walking we really got to know each other. I even got his number.

"So then my mom walks in and sees me and my little sister with flour and eggs everywhere" Corey said causing me to laugh really hard. "Oh my gosh that's so funny." I said laughing. Soon we started walking back towards the house. There was no music besides yelling and the guy's were running towards us. "Run" Jamal said causing me and Corey to run off the block.

"What the hell did you guys do" Corey said. "Olivia drank some juice. Who are you" Jamal asked. "Corey" he smiled. "Wait. She drank juice which got eggs thrown at you" I questioned making sure I heard it right. "She also spilled it on the carpet" Cesar said. "Hey I have to get home. I'll talk to you later" Corey said giving me a hug. "Ok bye Corey" I said.

"Who are you calling" Monse asked Cesar. "My brother" Cesar said and next thing you know we back in front of the house. Well Cesar is were on the other side obviously. Then Oscar stepped out the car and whipped off the boys take tattoo with his salvia. Eww. "Hey I gotta go do something" I whispered to ruby. "Ok be safe keep your phone on" ruby said. "I will" I said and started to walk away ignoring the stares from my other friends.

I walked to Latrelle's house and knock on the door. He opened the door and looked shocked. "Hey babe" he said and gave me a hug hug I didn't hug back. "What's wrong" he asked. I took a deep breath scared of what was about to come out of my mouth. But nothing did only a year feel from my eye causing me to put my head down.

Latrelle hugged me again and I hugged back. Then there was silence. Why am I crying. He should be the one crying knowing he lost the best thing he ever had. "I like your outfit" He said. "I take Halloween very seriously" I said. "That's not why I'm here." I said. " I get it you missed me and I'm sorry. Just gang stuff." he said but it only made me angry. "Just shut up" I yelled at him causing his face to drop.

"What ever we had needs to stop. I don't wanna do it anymore" I said. "Why." He said. " I saw you with so many girls. You had time for them and not me or was this just gang stuff to. Look. I could just be over reacting but I honestly don't care. I'm to scared and embarrassed to find out what you are doing with them. " I said whipping tears away.

"I know it was pressure. You know how it is with gangs. We all know what happened with Cesar" He tried to reason. "I care about you but I can't be with you. Ever. Not even as much as I want." I said slowing pulling him close to me hugging him. "It's better this way. I think. I feel like you would be so much safer with someone else. I think I love you." I cried in his chest. "Yet your leaving me" he said.

"I'm sorry" I said pulling away and began to walk down the stairs. I looked back at him and felt guilty. Yet I keep walking. No matter how much pain each step took I didn't stop. Why didn't I stop. I felt selfish. Why hasn't he told me to shut the hell up and to just kiss him. Maybe because the only person he really had just walked out on him.