Chapter 22

Over the last couple of months we had in school they were stressful. We had finals which were pretty easy. Now that school is over today is the day I leave. I was getting the rest of my clothes and put them in my book bag. No one was home but I didn't know when they would get back either so I had to hurry. Should I leave a note for them to find.

Latrelle then called me so I went over to pick up my phone. "Yeah" "You read to go" he said. "Yeah. Just grabbing some things. You on the way" "Yep. I'm almost there. I'll text  you when I'm at your house" "ok bye" "bye" he said then I hung up. I didn't notice Jamal standing behind me, till I turned around. "Jamal" I started but he cut me off.

"How could you just leave. After everything I have done for you. After everything my parents have done. After everything we have been through. You choose a killer over us. Remember he killed your friend. He shot ruby. How do you know he didn't kill your parents." Jamal yelled.

"Don't bring my parents into this. I'm worse then him Jamal. I killed many people. More then you can count on your hands. More than Latrelle will ever get to. I'm doing it so you guys wouldn't have to worry about who was going to die next. So I wouldn't be putting any of you in danger" I said.

"I can't escape Jamal. So what's the point in trying to. Plus how did you know I was leaving with Latrelle." I said.

"What are you saying jade. Who else would you run off with" Jamal asked. "If I turn myself in I'll be in jail for life. Probably will get the death penalty. I might as well embrace it right? I've come so far so why stop" I asked. "I'll tell the police. I swear I will if you don't stop" Jamal threaten. I knew Jamal wouldn't let me leave with out putting up a fight. I had to make him keep quiet.

"You can't fix everything. No one can. Only you and ruby know about this. If something happens to get out I won't hesitate to come after either of you. So please don't let it come to that" I said. "I can't keep secrets" Jamal said making an excuse. "Even if it's a life of death situation. Your life Jamal. Ruby's life. If that isn't enough to convince you then I guess today is the day you learn to keep a secret." I said then Latrelle texted me say he was outside so I grabbed my bookbag and left.

"Jade wait" Jamal said as I was opening the door. "Here" he said handing me a box and a book bag. "I knew I wouldn't convince you to stay but I still wanted to try. The book bag has some of my shirts in it , pictures of us and a lot of snacks we like to eat together. I'm going to miss you" he said pulling me into a hug. He was really trying to make me change my mind right now. "I'll miss you to Jamal." I said hugging him. Then we pulled away and I let to get into Latrelle's car.

I waved one last time before Latrelle started to drive away. "So where to" I asked. "Maybe New York. We could go to Detroit. Maybe Tennessee" Latrelle said. "Let's try Nashville  Tennessee." "Ok." Latrelle said grabbing my hand. "We're finally going to be free of everything. It's just going to be you and me. Our future is under our control. For the most part anyway" He said and kissed my hand.

"We'll be about to get through whatever. Even if we fight there's no coming back. I think it's safe to say we have officially been disowned". "It don't matter. We got each other. I only care about your opinion" he said causing me to smile. Was I worried yes. Not about surviving. With what I was doing and whatever Latrelle was up to we were going to be good. We already saved up enough to last us a good 2 years.

At this rate we wouldn't have to worry to much about money. I was more worried about what I was leaving behind. I knew I wanted this but the thoughts always seem to smack me in the face a couple times. Almost as if it were screaming 'what the hell are you doing'. I'd miss everyone but they'd be better of without me. Maybe they'd think I just needed space because of what happened to my parents.

Maybe they'd think I was going absolutely insane, try to find me, and if they did they'd probably put me in a insane asylum for me to get better. Although I don't think that would help. Latrelle was my drug but also my antidote. I was crazy for him and I didn't mind. I still wanted to have a family of my own.

Twins son's and a daughter is what I hope for. They'd look after their baby sister and protect her. Maybe get a dog or a bird. Maybe both. Have a nice sized house and treat my kids just as good as I was raised. Maybe even better. I wouldn't spoil them but I'd make sure they know that if they want something they'd have to work for it. "What's on your mind" Latrelle said resting his hand in my thigh.

"Our future. What's in store for us." I said. "I think about it sometimes. I wanna run my own business one day and be hella rich so I can spoil you. Give you anything you want without hesitation." He started. He told me about all about the things he wanted to accomplish. His eyes lit up and he was so full of life. I wish it could stay like this forever. I want the world to just stop and freeze so we could stay like this forever.

I also didn't realize life was going to be 100 times harder. I didn't even stop to think that sometimes things don't last forever. I didn't understand why I couldn't get it through my head. Thing's fall apart. I wasn't prepared for it to fall so fast though, but that's me. Always gotta learn the hard way.