Chapter 3

"So you're telling me that you did do it with him," I asked for the fifth time. "Yes Jade, but it's obvious that he's just acting that way because of his brother. We have to get him out," she said defending him. "Man, I tell you. Niggas be bonkers" I said shaking my head while Monse just laughed at me. "Hey I gotta go but I'll meet up tomorrow before school," I said and left. Luckily for me, I had to walk past Latrelle's house to get home. 

I live not too far but still too close.  As I was walking I felt an arm go over my shoulder. "Tax time ma" he whispered in my ear. "I thought you weren't doing that anymore. Also if I didn't have money early especially not to give to you what makes you think I have some now" I said in a sassy way. "I said I'll think about it ma and lose the attitude," he said looking me in my face.

"I'll lose the attitude and you can lose my number" I smiled and tried to walk away but he just pulled me back towards him. "Hang out with me, you always in such a hurry ma slow down," Latrelle said pulling me a little closer. "I have places to be and people to see," I said looking at him. "Well, the only place you need to be is right here. The only people you need to see is one person and it's me." He said.

I knew it was wrong but he just was so convincing. He had me wrapped around his finger and I didn't even realize it. "Fine but only for a little bit," I said and he pulled me to his porch. "You know I never actually tried so hard to get a girl to talk to me. They usually just fall right at my feet in a way" He said looking across the street. I sat down next to him. "Well, I'm not that gullible nor desperate." I said.

"I like that about you. You're not fast like them other girl" He said looking at me. "Yeah well it takes getting hurt once by someone you learn your lesson pretty quickly" I said looking down. "Why would anyone want to hurt you" he asked and took my chin to make me look at him.

"You don't come out of a vagina with everything you should know about a guy. You have to learn either the easy way or the hard way, but over the last couple of years I learned there is never a easy way to an relationship" I said. "That's deep" Latrelle said shaking his head. "I should go. It was actually pretty nice talking to you" I smiled. "You have a nice smiled. I'll see you tomorrow ma" he said and pulled me into a hug.

I felt safe and cozy and I wanted to stay like this forever. We finally pulled away and I went on my way. Once I got home as my parents were rushing out the door. Something about business work and not being back till Monday. My sister was staying at a friend's which left me alone. I then changed into some pajamas and flopped on my bed thinking about Latrelle. Man he's so mysterious. Then my phone started to buzz. 7:45.

I was thinking about him for about 2 hours? It's like he's taking over time or something. I seen that someone had texted me. Latrelle. "Ma can I come over" it read. Well I don't have any company and really don't wanna be alone. Plus my parents aren't here, why not. "Sure" I replied and went him the address. Soon the was a knock on my door. I went downstairs to open it and seen Latrelle. He had a bruise and some cuts on his face.

I pulled him inside and to my bath room were he sat on the toilet and I clean is cuts and bruised cheek. "You aren't going to ask what happened" he said grabbing my waist. "I'm pretty sure that it's gang related and I'd personally like to stay away from it" I said.  I let his hand's stay there because it's wasn't bothering me. "Yet you're here with me." Once I was done I put the stuff away and walked out the bathroom. I went to my bed and got on my phone.

A couple of seconds later so did Latrelle who laid next to me. I could feel him staring at me but didn't say anything. I then saw a cute puppy and sent it to my mom hinting her she should get me one. A pit bull to be exact. I then looked at Latrelle cause he was still staring.

"Why you keep staring" I said and looked back at my phone. "Cause you pretty" he said grabbing my phone. I then dropped my head in my pillow and turned to look at him. I seen as he put our phones on my side table and turned to look at me. He rapped his arm's around me. "What are you doing" I said trying to pull away. "Just let me hold you" he said. I just relaxed and let it happen. "I never had someone like you. I don't wanna let you go." he said a grabbed my chin and kisses me.

Man the way his lips felt on mine was like heaven. I could stay like this forever but lack of air made us pull away. I really like him but how am I going to tell anyone especially Spooky.