20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?

Chapter Twenty

Yawning.

Staring at the ceiling.

More yawning.

Sleep didn’t seem to come to me as I laid on my back, watching the dark ceiling. Even when I was exhausted after the long night, I couldn’t fall asleep. Many thoughts roamed around my head in an incessant cycle that seemed endless.

My mind travelled from the strange Sullivan’s twins, to the weird texter, to Lau’s and Jason’s situation and finally ended on Evan and how happy he looked that night.

I wonder what he’s doing right now…

I rolled over to lie on my side and took a look at the window. Cold wind moved the curtains slowly, making them look like small waves. For a moment, I let myself fall back in time. I remembered Evan’s messages on Wattpad, his texts, his calls, the skype call and finally meeting him.

The sexy, mysterious dark poet.

I smiled, closing my eyes. Although, we’d been dating for three months, it felt like it was so much longer. Getting Evan to open up to me had been hard and exhausting but God, it was worth every second of it. His smile rushed to my mind, calming me.

I love his dimples.

I thought dreamily. My phone vibrated under my pillow, I pulled it out and the screen light blinded for a moment. It was a text.

From: Evan <3

You awake?

I smiled like a fool and typed a reply:

Maybe. Why?

Him: Can’t sleep.

Me: Same here :(

Him: Why? Can’t sleep without me? ;)

Me: I could say the same :)

Him: Touché. What are u doing?

Me:  Staring at the window. You?

Him: Thinking about sneaking into your room.

Me: :O Disgraceful behavior, Mr. Woods!

Him: Pardon me, milady but seeing you is what I need to find peace and sleep.

Me: Is that is your poetic way to say you want to make out tonight?

Him:  Perhaps ;)

I giggled.

Me: I don’t know…

Him: You’re gonna make me beg?

Me: Maybe? The best things in life don’t come easy.

Him: I know. That’s why I’m willing to risk my life for you.

I frowned.

Me: What?

Him: Wait for me. Don’t fall asleep.

Me: Evan, what do you mean by risking your life?

No answer.

I heard something outside my window and I rose to my feet quickly. The nightgown I was wearing fell down my knees, as I headed to the window and pulled the curtains apart. I watched in horror through the glass, how Evan was climbing up the side of the house. What the hell? I leaned out of the window, scared.

“Evan!” I whispered secretively, “What the hell are you doing?”

Evan looked up at me, holding himself up precariously, “Risking my life for you.”