Chapter Thirty Seven

"Happy Saturday" Beth sang as I sat down at her house table, aggressively winking at me.
"Thanks?" I laughed, looking at her weirdly.
"Whats going on?" Cedric asked
"Someone has a date today" she teased, wiggling her eyebrows madly.
"No way. With Weasley?"
"Yes - I don't see the big deal -"
"It's a massive deal! Tell her Ced!"
I groaned, smacking my head on the table.
"This is a big thing - your first proper date with him?"
"The third" I shrugged, earning a squeal from Bethany who was acting as if she had eaten too much sugar, and from the look of her plate (which was piled with chocolate-y pastries) it was a very big possibility.
"Where's he taking you again? It's not a Hogsmeade weekend" she said, her head tilted to the side slightly.
"Picnic by the lake" I smiled.
"Romantic. Didn't think he had it in him" Cedric mused with an approving nod.

"Glad to know her parents approve" Fred laughed, resting his hands on my shoulders.
"Here's the man of the hour" Cedric grinned, playing along, "so tell me young Weasley, what are your intentions with our Emily?"
I rolled my eyes, burying my head in my arms again.
"Just wanted to take her on a date sir" Fred replied solemnly, "I'll bring her back before dark"
"How sweet" Beth cooed, "but just a warning. We may be Hufflepuffs, but badgers are fierce creatures. If you harm our daughter, blood will be spilt"

"Jesus Beth calm down" I chortled, glancing at Cedric and Fred's shocked faces "your Slytherin is showing""Whatever" she scoffed, flipping me off

"Whatever" she scoffed, flipping me off.

Fred offered his hand as I stood up off of the bench, and I took it in mine with a smile.
"Bye mum, bye dad" I sniggered, waving as I was half-dragged out of the hall.

"I always forget how scary she can be" Fred stated, the humour obvious in his voice.
"I know, she can be terrifying. How's George handling the separation so far?" I teased.
Fred snorted, "like a baby. He kept screaming at Lee to 'hold him' as I left the dorm room this morning"
I shook my head, laughing at his brother's actions. Our fingers intertwined with each other as we made our way down towards the dungeons to get the food from the kitchens.

"You alright love?"
my cheeks blushed almost immediately at the nickname, nodding in response.
"Yep. All good" I spluttered out, cursing myself for showing a reaction, clearing my throat awkwardly.
"I'm guessing you like that nickname then" he grinned confidently, puffing his chest out.
I rolled my eyes with a grunt, "Oh no, we can't have you blowing up your ego too much"
"I'm so sorry love"
I lightly hit his arm in protest, cracking into a smile at the proud smile that rested on his face.
"This isn't fair, I can't think of a good name for you" I huffed, eyebrows furrowing in concentration.
"It's okay, you'll think of something soon enough" Fred teased, letting go of my hand to open the kitchen's portrait.

"Master Weasley! Mistress Granger! Is master here for the picnic he asked for?"
"Yes please, thank you" he smiled, nodding at the house elf.
The elf quickly came back holding a hamper, stuffed with food.
"Thanks" I smiled, exiting the kitchens behind Fred.

"Woah. Those house elves really are miracle workers" I chuckled, looking at the spread of food sat in front of us.
"Well we're their most loyal customers" he joked "of course they'd pull out all of the stops"

We were sat on a gingham picnic blanket about 4 feet from the lake, surrounded by the subtle noise of the water lapping against the bank.
I moved my gaze to look at Fred, who sat munching on one of the sandwiches. His red hair was being tousled in the wind, and a smile seemed to be permanently set on his face. I followed the freckles that crept along his cheeks, before settling my sights on his eyes. They seemed to shimmer with mischief, something I knew very well.

"See something you like?" He quipped, catching me staring.
I snapped out of my trance, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.
"No- I wasn't -"
"Yes you were" He smirked, leaning back to rest on his elbows, "it's okay, I know I'm irresistible"
I snorted with laughter at his confidence.
"Sure hun" I giggled, patting his leg "you can think that"
"Oh I don't just think it - I know it" he jested.
I stuck my tongue out at him, adjusting my position so I was lying on my stomach, feet in the air.
"What's this?" I asked, picking up a round sweet that I hadn't seen before.
"Oh, that's a Choco-loco ball from honeydukes" he answered, leaning in to pick one up as well.
I examined it curiously, before popping one into my mouth.

"Okay I like that one" I giggled, reaching for another one

"Ah - it's 2pm already? What the hell?" Fred said surprised "we promised Lee we wouldn't take so long, he's had to deal with George this whole time"
I laughed in response, packing everything back into the hamper.
"I'll go relieve Lee of babysitting, if you can drop this back to the kitchens?"
"Yes ma'am"

As soon as I entered the common room George leapt on to me, almost making me fall on my face.
"George you're a bloody foot taller than me - you're lucky I have muscles or we'd both be face down on the floor right now" I groaned, trying to regain my steady footing.
"I missed youuuu" he whined, getting off me, and pulling me over to Lee (who looked completely exhausted) excitedly.
"Oh thank god" Lee wheezed, pulling me into a hug "he's been moaning all day"
"Was he really that bad?"
"He is here and would like to remind you that he can hear everything you're saying" George interrupted, his arms crossed.
"He moaned all day Emily" Lee fake-wept into my shoulder as I patted his back soothingly, "he wouldn't stop"

Before anything else could be said, Fred entered through the portrait, and George threw himself at his twin.