Chapter Nineteen

As it was a Sunday, there were no classes. Generally this meant that you could relax - not for fifth years.
With exams coming up, everyone was stressing out (apart from the twins of course - "we're a bit far past academic achievement" "we'll wing it"). The map took a back seat as I launched myself into studying, regretting leaving it this long. I had never achieved bad grades, but they weren't amazing either - I never took the mock exams seriously - something which I now regretted as I had to revise 5 years of work within the space of a little over a month.

Taking a break from reading up on my potion's revision list, I walked over to where the twins were speaking surprisingly quiet in a corner. "Hello boys - i was having an interesting conversation with Ginny today - until you two rush in and dragged her away"
"W-well -"
I cut him off "and not only that, the thing she screamed at me was very interesting to say the least"
I shot the two a cheeky grin, resting my chin on my hand.
"So - which one of you is madly in love with me"
Fred choked, coughing aggressively, George hitting his back.
"Neither of us - obviously we don't - I don't -" Fred squeaked, still trying to catch his breath.
"Aw calm down drama queen - I was only teasing you - it was just too easy" I said with a wink.

I laughed at his reaction, shrugging and running back over to my notes

I laughed at his reaction, shrugging and running back over to my notes. I could tease him more later.

Before the exams, there was obviously the end of the quidditch season. The big match Slytherin vs Gryffindor.

Tensions were running insanely high. Lee and I were sat in the teachers stands as per usual - ready to commentate. My hands shook in anticipation as we saw the players step up to the field.
"And here are the gryffindors!" I announced "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley and Wood. Widely thought to be the best team Hogwart's has seen in a good few years-"
My comment was drowned out with boos from the slytherins, making me narrow my eyes at the green and silver crowd.
"- and as we can see, the Slytherin team knows it"
Before I could get too annoyed, Lee stepped in.
"And here comes the Slytherin team, lead by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the line up, seemingly going for size over skill"
More boos echoed from the Slytherin crowd, this time overpowered by laughs and hoots of agreement from the rest of the houses.
I watched with baited breath as Madam Hooch threw the quaffle.
"And Gryffindor is in possession. Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts - looking good Alicia! Argh- no - quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the pitch - WHAM! Nice bludger work there by a Weasley-"
"That was George - seriously you should be able to tell the difference by now we've known them for five y-"
"Warrington drops the quaffle" Lee shouts, stopping my scolding "it's caught by - Angelina Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession - come on gal - nice swerve around Montague - DUCK ANGIE THATS A BLUDGER - She scores! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR"
A large roar of applause came from the Gryffindors, who were joined by the other rival houses - all desperate to see Slytherin lose.
"Quaffle back in possession of Johnson - OI THAT WAS DELIBERATE - NASTY SOD RAMMING INTO HER LIKE THAT! FOUL!" I yelled as Flint smashed in to her, almost knocking her off her broom. In anger, Fred threw his beaters club at the back of Flint's head, smashing his nose into his broom and making it bleed.
"That will do!" shrieked Madam Hooch, proceeding to give each team a penalty.
"Come on Alicia!" Lee shouted excitedly "YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"
"Course, Wood's a wonderful keeper! Very difficult to pass - YES HES ONLY GONE AND BLOODY DONE IT! HE SAVED IT"
"Gryffindor in possession - no Slytherin in possession - no! - Gryffindor back in possession - oh Merlin Emily my heads getting dizzy"
I laughed and took over.
"Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the quaffle, she's streaking up the pitch - THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"
Montague had rushed her, grabbing her head instead of the quaffle and almost ripped her off the broom. In her struggle to stay airborne, she dropped the quaffle. A minute later, Katie had put another penalty past the Slytherin keeper.
"THIRTY- ZERO TAKE THAT YOU FILTHY CHEATIN -"
"Jordan! If you can't commentate in an unbiased way -!"
"We're telling it like it is professor!"
Harry had dived, unsure if it was for the snitch, I let Lee keep commentating. He couldn't catch it now, or else they'd win the game but lose the cup. The two Slytherin beaters had run after Harry, leaving the pitch open for Fred and George to whack as many bludgers as they wanted at the Slytherin team. I let out a chuckle as the two beaters collided, as Harry made an unexpected turn.
"Ha haaaa!" Lee yelled happily "Too bad boys! You'll need to get up earlier than that to beat a firebolt! And it's Gryffindor in possession again, as Johnson takes the quaffle - Flint alongside her - poke him in the eye, Angie! - it was a joke professor - oh no - Flint in possession, flying towards the goalpost, come on Wood save-!"
Lee let out a string of angry curses, and I pulled away the megaphone away from him before McGonagall could.
"Sorry professor! Sorry - won't happen again. So, Gryffindor in the lead, 30-10. Gryffindor in possession -"
The game was easily the dirtiest game she had ever seen at her time in Hogwarts, but after many penalties (all of which Wood saved and the Slytherin keeper missed) Gryffindor was finally 70-10, meaning that if Harry caught the snitch now, the cup would be theirs.
"Harry's seen the snitch! What the- MALFOY'S HANGING OFF THE DAMN END OF HIS BROOM!" I yelled angrily.
"YOU CHEATING SCUM" Lee howled next to me, dancing out of McGonagall's reach "YOU FILTHY CHEATING B-"
I glanced to the side, to see if the professor would tell him off again, but she looked just as angry as the rest of us, actually shaking her fist in Malfoy's direction and shouting furiously.
"Spinnet misses the penalty - being that furious I'm not surprised, the bloody git -" before I could rant again, Lee started commentating again.
"Slytherin in possession - heading for the goal - Montague scores - 70-20 to Gryffindor. Johnson gets the quaffle for Gryffindor - COME ON ANGIE, COME ON!"
"SHE SCORES! SHE SCORES! GRYFFINDOR LEADING 80-20"
"Harry's seen the snitch again! Malfoy better not - YES WEVE WON! GRYFFINDOR WINS 130-20"
Tears of pure joy running down mine and Lee's faces, we hugged eachother, before quickly running down to the pitch. Shoving my way through the crowds congratulating the team, I reached Fred's side, tugging him down from the crowds holding him up, and pulling him into a kiss.

As we broke away, he looked at me in shock

"Oh come on" I laughed "you can only be secretive around me for so long - it was staring to piss me off - besides I've been wanting to do this all year"
A large grin cracked across his face, pulling me into a massive hug. Pure adrenaline was coursing through my veins as the crowd's cheers deafened me. I heard George let out a whoop from above us.
"MY BROTHER FINALLY KISSED EMILY"
My face went bright red, and I tried to hide my face by burying it into Fred's chest.
I could feel his laughter as he whooped back, making me playfully hit his arm.
Fred was suddenly pulled away from me, and pushed up on the platform where the team received the cup.
With the biggest smile on my face, I whooped and cheered along with the crowd.