Chapter One Hundred and Twelve

Mrs Weasley kept us working for the rest of the afternoon, letting us go once we had finished dusting, just as the sun was beginning to set.
The four of us walked up to our room, shutting the door firmly behind us.

"Ah, the fruits of our labour" Fred grinned, tipping the stunned doxies out of his pockets and on to the bed.
"Nice to see that you two are helping the cause" George added sarcastically, removing the silver snuffbox he had stolen from Sirius and placing it carefully on the bedside table, "it's really great - oh no, please, don't rush to add to our loot"
I huffed a laugh, nudging Lee's side, "These boys don't respect that we had a bet"
"I didn't expect it from them of all people" he added, placing his hand on his chest before switching to a loud whisper, "it's like they're turning into their mother"
George gasped loudly, grabbing Lee by the T-shirt "You take that back"
"How dare you" Fred said, similarly shocked.
"Boys, boys, let's not fight over this now. We've got work to do" I laughed, gesturing at the stolen items, "what did you say was in here again?"
"Sirius said something about Wartcap powder"
I 'oohed', turning to Fred with a grin, "That's used in fire resistance potions"
"So how could we use it?"
"Yknow the fireworks?"
"Yeah?"
"Now we have a way to take the bite out of the sparks"
George let out a kind of happy squeal, "Does this mean we can make the throwing ones like we talked about?"
Lee matched his excitement, entwining their fingers and squeezing his hand, "We could literally play catch with a firework"
"Emily?"
"I'm sure there's a way to combine it"
All three boys cheered, pulling me into a group hug and jumping up and down.
"And the doxies are gonna be perfect for a new snackbox"
"I'd say we did a good job today" Fred grinned, stepping out of the hug, and picking up the silver snuffbox, letting out a yelp before speedily placing it back on the table.
We all watched as his skin turned brown and leathery, a thick layer covering his skin.
"Shit!"
George laughed, clutching his stomach as he watched Fred panic.
"Oh god, what did you do?" I asked, grabbing his arm and bringing his hand closer to me, glaring at the skin.
"I just touched the box!"
"Fucks sake Freddie" I breathed, gently tapping the area and whispering every healing spell I could think of.
After a few tries, the texture disappeared, his hand good as new. We both stared at it for a moment, before I spoke.
"I didn't think that would work"
"I was so scared we were going to have to ask mum"
"Yeah well, you're welcome" I said, starting to laugh.

Fred just huffed, pulling me in for a kiss

"As amusing as that was" George said, interrupting us, "how do we make that not happen when we try to use it?"
I broke away for a moment, "Gloves", before pulling Fred back in, ignoring George's fake retching as Lee pulled him over to the other side of the room.
"You're gonna be such a good healer" Fred murmured, resting his forehead against mine.
I felt a blush rise on my cheeks, "and you're gonna be such a good shop owner" I smirked a little bit, "if you remember the proper safety equipment for when you work"
"Aw piss off" he grinned, pulling away slightly, pressing a kiss on my forehead before releasing me from his hold.
"Are they finished yet?" George asked, over-exaggerating his disgust once again.
"Yes, you can look now darling" Lee replied sarcastically, patting his shoulder, "They've stopped acting in love"
"Thank Merlin"
Fred just rolled his eyes, giving his brother the middle finger.
"Ow. How will I ever recover"
"Shut up"