Chapter Fourteen

"Lee" I groaned, resting my head on his lap, the rest of my body spread across the sofa "I don't want to do the homework. Make it stop"
"You'd probably get away with it, Snape has a soft spot for you"
I snorted, turning to face him
"Are you drunk? Snape hates Gryffindors... with a passion"
"Whatever" Lee scoffed.
"Anyway how's the bet coming along?"
" I might use my womanly charms to aka George for the end of the year, instead of the end of the season" I laughed.
"Yikes. Not good then?"
"Nope. Can't find anything. I've read half of the library by this point" I groaned, narrowing my eyes at George's back.
"Woah - why do you look like you're about to kill my twin" Fred asked, walking over gently, as if I was going to snap at him at any moment.
"She's trying to work out how to convince him to extend the deadline of the bet" Lee answered for me, noticing my eyes were still trained on the twin.

"Georgie - hi - it's me. Your favourite Gryffindor. So I was wondering ... could you possibly extend the bet until the end of the school year"
George looked at me, amused at my attempts of flattery "uh. Let me think - no"
"Oh dear. Okay. I guess you won't want this goodie bag then - got some acid pops, some of the jokes shop latest products ... poor George, missing out on a steal like this" I pouted

 poor George, missing out on a steal like this" I pouted

"Uh - let me see that bag"
"No, no George. It will only make you long for t more - the temptation will become too much"
"Oh just give it here!" He moaned "I'll give you the extension! George want goodies!"
I laughed, throwing the bag at him and running away in victory.

As the last day of term rolled around, Fred came up to me with a letter in hand, grin spread across his face.
"Hey Emily! Mums invited you over for Christmas!"
"Aw bless that woman" I grinned "Hell Yeah I'll come!"
I gave him a hug, before running to George and jumping on his back.
"I'm gonna be with you ALLLLLLL Christmas my love" I shouted in his ear, "It's going to be SO FUN"
"Gerroff!" George grunted, clutching his ringing ear.
"No way you're coming over?" Ginny asked excitedly "I can't wait! It'll be so good having another girl around. How come you can make it this year?"
"Herman is staying here so I was going to end up staying as well. Parents are going to visit their friends in Australia, buggers didn't invite us"
Ginny grinned "bastards"
"Ginerva Molly Weasley!" Percy's shrill voice carried across the common room "Watch your language!"
Sensing an opportunity, the twins swooped in.
"Ginerva you must mind your manners, or how will you turn out as perfect as me"
"Simply preposterous behaviour Ginerva. Simply awful"
"Must i remind you that I am HEAD BOY, thou shall not tarnish the Weasley name whilst I am here dear sister"
"Yes, thou art my legacy. Fred and George are too magnificent to stay under my shadow. They will rise above-"
"Like a Phoenix!"
Percy glared at his siblings before strutting away, head held high.
"You two are bloody awful, you know that right?" I laughed, trying to scruff up their hair.
"Having trouble there Granger? Need a ladder? Or leg implants? Or maybe some stilts?"
"That way you could be normal height"
"Screw you" I sneered, attempting to keep a straight face, "eat shit"
The twins laughed at my attempt, and I went right back to trying to reach - this time to bonk their heads together.
"This is your fault for being beanpoles. No normal person is 6'3 this young! What is your mother feeding you?"
"Only attractive males come from this household" George boasted, pushing out his chest
"I agree" I grinned "Ron is beginning to look like a real charmer isn't he. He's gonna cause trouble with the ladies real soon - just you watch. Don't get me started on Bill and Charlie" ( I then pretended to swoon) "absolute ROGUES those two. Hot as hell. I must say though, there are obviously still the most attractive Weasley's I have yet to mention"
The twins then grinned, starting to bow
"Percy Weasley" I sighed wistfully "now that's a man every girl would die for. And let's not forget Ginny" I then pointed at her, still standing with us, watching this exchange with great amusement "she's a stunner"
Ginny sent me a cheeky wink, laughing at her brother's faces.
"What about us!" George whined, looking attacked "we're the sexiest of the bunch"
The twins proceeded to pout and make 'sexy' poses, looking more like lanky spiders than ever.
"Aw bless your hearts" I teased, smacking their cheeks lightly "of course you're pretty. Everyone is in their own way"
The twins were scowling now, and I almost kept a straight face, but I suddenly burst out laughing.

"Oh my god you guys are so precious" I said through tears, laughter ripping through my body

"Emily!" Fred complained "that's not funny. We're your favourite Weasley's"
"Sure sure sure" I replied, wiping my eyes dry "wouldn't say the sexiest though"
"Run" they replied monotonously, glaring at me.
"Oh shi-"
I dashed off, through the portrait and down the halls. I could hear the twins footsteps right behind me, so I decided to make a frantic flee for the black lake. As fast as my legs could take me, i ran behind a tree in the forbidden forest, trying to catch my breath. A small bark came from my left, a wet nose nudging my arm quickly after.
"Oh hey buddy" I greeted breathlessly "how you doing?"
The dog wagged his tail happily in response, his ears pricking up as he heard clumsy footsteps echoing throughout the grounds.
Letting out a small squeak, I threw myself into the ground, staying behind the cover of the tree.
"It's okay Padfoot" looking at the dog, who assumed a defensive position "Im not in danger. They're my friends, Fred and George Weasley. I pissed them off so now they're chasing me. No biggie"
The dog seemed to relax at this, tail starting to wag again.
"Is that her?" George asked quietly, pointing in my direction, letting out a squeal of fear, I leapt back up to my feet and held my hands up in surrender.
"Come on guys - we don't have to do this"
"Oh but Emily" Fred smirked menacingly "I think we do"
"I- I'll fight you! I have a guard dog!"
At this Padfoot strutted out from the tree line, before standing protectively in front of me.
"Cool!" George said, completely forgetting the little argument "can I pet him"
Padfoot seemed happy with this, immediately forgetting his purpose and trotting over to the Weasley, sending a death glare to Fred as he passed.
"No Paddy! He's the one I have the bet with remember! No bad dog!"
Fred, it seemed, had not given up in the slightest.
"Come 'ere" He laughed, rushing towards me and grabbing my waist before I could escape.
"Noooo" I wailed in mock defeat, trying to wiggle from his grasp.
"Now for the punishment" Fred grinned evilly "Tickle time"
"No!" I shouted, trying to escape with a new vigour.
Instead of using a charm, Fred starting tickling me himself, making sparks course through my body every time his fingers made contact with my skin.
"Stop!" I laughed, tears rubbing down my face "No more! Paddy! Help me ya lazy fiend!"
The dogs ears pricked up at this, and turned around to see Fred tickling me. Walking over, I thought he was going to try and tackle him off me. Instead the dog seemed to laugh, letting out an odd bark, and sitting next to me watching.
"Oh you bugger - that's the last time I bring you food" I wheezed, hitting at Fred's arms.