Two More People are Let In on the Secret

"There's not doubt that this summer is going to be different." I agreed with Vincent on the way home on the Hogwarts Express. Pansy and Draco was sitting on the side of the compartment, and Vince and I were on the other. Gregory was laying in the middle of the floor, playing with a couple of pink ribbons that had once been a two of Sarah Beth's bows. 

Sarah Beth had stayed behind with her Aunt, who was keeping a close eye on her. Now that the Ministry had confirmed that The Dark Lord was back, anyone who wasn't on His side was being extra cautious. Needless to say, the lack of companion ship was depressing Gregory. 

"I don't know how Mum's going to get along without Dud." Vincent looked out of the window, starring into darkness.

"Same here..." Draco trailed off.

"How did they get caught and not LaStrange?"

"Dad's talked about her." Draco replied. "She's sneaky."

"We can find out on Sunday." I suggested.

"How?" Pansy sneered. It was like she thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

"At the meeting." I replied in a matter-of-fact way.

"What meeting?" Oh. I immediately covered my mouth. I had forgotten that the only people who knew I was a Death Eater here was Vincent and probably Draco, through his father.

"Uh, nothing." I tried to cover up what i had said. But it was to late; Gregory had caught the comment, too. He sat up, his brain sparking. His eyes were wide.

"Ellie! Are you a-"

"Shut it!" I interrupted.

"No! Go on!" Pansy shrieked with delight. "A what?" He came towards me. I shook my head. "Tell us! El-ea-nor! A what?!"

"Nothing! Ah!" Gregory popped out of no where from behind her and grabbed my left arm. "Let go!" I tried to kick him, but he side stepped it and pulled up my sleeve. Confirming my suspicions, everyone but Vince and Draco gasped. 

"I was right!" Gregory exclaimed. I pulled my arm back and let down my sleeve.

"Be quiet! You can't just yell this out!" I lowered my voice. "Yes. I am. But you can't tell anyone." All of us looked at Pansy.

"What? I'm not going to tell!" She sat back down beside Draco as Gregory sprawled out across Vincent and I'l lap. I pushed him into the floor. "But how did you..." I looked at Draco.

"Um...It's a long story." I couldn't really say ' to see Draco in pain and suffering', could I?"

"Did it hurt?" Draco surprised me by asking a question. I thought for a minute.

"Have you ever burned your hand? It hurts ten times as much. Maybe more than that. More then the Cruciatius Curse."

"Oh..." His mouth formed an 'o'.

"Does it really burn when He-" I cut Gregory off. 

"Wants us? Yes."

Suddenly, the brakes squealed, signaling that we were finally at Platform 9 3/4. I jumped up, happy for an excuse to get out of the conversation.

"I'll get it." Vincent reached over me into the overhead compartment and got my bag down along with his own trunk. My own trunk was at home because Uncle Severus had taken it with him.

Before I could grab it, he took my bag put it on top of his trunk, then lifted his trunk. I wasn't' even going to argue. anymore. Because no matter how hard I could try to pursued Him to let me carry my own stuff, he never would let me.

When we exited the train, I saw that Uncle Severus, Mrs. Malfoy, Wyatt, Micheal, and Clarissa were all standing together, talking in hushed tones. Vince and I were obviously the first one's there. He sat the luggage down.

"Uncle Severus?" I asked as he finished his conversation. "Can we go home now?"

"Yes. Goodbye." He said farewell to everyone and then I took his arm and Apparated to our front door. Once the door opened I was greeted by a heavenly aroma of food drifting from the kitchen. Orion ran through the house at the sound of our footsteps and, after affectionately rubbing against my Uncle for a moment, started happily yapping and jumping on my legs. "I have already placed your trunk in you room. Go ahead and put your bag away and then come and eat. Bring the book." He closed the door.

"What book?" I questioned. He shot me a look that said 'you know which book.' I swallowed and shakily nodded.

"O-okay." Before he could say anymore, I quickly turned down the hallway and went into my room, shutting the door. I let out a hard breath.

Okay. I needed to calm down. It would get around it some how... Who was i kidding? Uncle Severus will find out. It was only a matter of time before he would find out. 

He told me not to take it to the school. But I did anyway. I had to keep it a secret from him all year. On the last day I was looking through it when he came into his classroom, where I was. I had to hied it from him, so I stuffed it onto the shelves with the spare Advanced Potions books. I intended to go back and get it, but I never got to. And now he wanted it. What was I going to do?

I laid on my bed for a couple minutes, trying to calm down.

 I could say it's not there! I went to get it and it's mysteriously gone!

 I got back up and went into the kitchen, only to be greeted by a deliriously happy dog. Uncle Severus was setting our plates on the table

"Where's the book?" He eyed my empty hands.

"It's.... gone."

"What?" He straightened up, concerned. "Did you take it to school?"

"No." I lied, sitting down.

"Eleanor, books down't just get up and walk away. Tell me the truth."

"I am! I went in to get it and it was gone! Maybe we were robbed!"

"Yes, Eleanor. Some one passed up the fortune worth of potions in the cabinets and stole an old text book." The sarcasm in his voice was strong.

"I guess they did." I shrugged and picked up my fork. That was my story and I was sticking to it.