He Loves Me Not?

Sarah Beth~

"That's it! He's not coming!" I plopped down on my bed in the guestroom at the Fudges on my stomach. Before Christmas Break came I begged Auntie to let me stay at Mr. Cornelius's instead of staying at the school. Like always, I had been invited to the Malfoy's Annual Christmas Ball and I didn't want to let them down, mostly because I wanted the attention. After explaining that to her, she still wanted me to stay wither her, so I explained it all to Mr. Cornelius. Understanding me better, he somehow talked her into  letting me stay with him, as long as I promised to Floo her every night.

It was the day before Christmas Eve, and Gregory was suppose to be coming at the seven o'clock to exchange gifts. It was eight thirty, and he was still no where to be found.

"Ughhhh!" I groaned into the pillow.

"I"m sure he'll come." Luna said in her soft voice, sitting down beside me. She laid a hand on my back. "Maybe something bad happened. I'm sure he'll be here."

"Or maybe he stood you up." Rufus changed the record I had been playing on the phonograph across the room. Luna shot him a fierce look she rarely used.

"He stood me up.... He stood me up! I pounded my fists on the bed, and never lifting my head. Luna sighed as I stopped, standing up and squirming around. "Why would he do this to me! Why?!"

"Is something wrong?" Luna asked, noting my actions.

"Yes! Gregory has stood me up and it makes me mad and sad all at the same time and... and...I've got to pee!" I quickly ran out of the room and down the hall to the bathroom. Luna and Rufus remained in the bedroom.

"But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

It is the east, and Sarah Beth is the sun.

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,

Who is already sick and pale with grief

That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she!" A deep voice shouted from below the window. Luna opened it up and looked out.

"Hello, Gregory! Sarah Beth was just looking for you!"

"Where is Sarah Beth?!"

"Peeing."

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, coming back in the kitten pajamas I had changed into. Luna pulled the upper part of her body back in.

"Oh, Gregory."

"Gregory!" I ran and pushed her out of the way. Then I saw him. He was standing on the ground, a broom in one hand, a package in the other. "Gregory! Where have you been?! You're an hour and a half late and-"

"I'll explain in a minute! Can I come in? It's cold!"

"Yeah! Go to the front door!" I turned and ran out, running down the hall, making my way to the front door.

"Where are you off to?" Mr. Benard asked as I ran through the sitting room where him and his wife and Mr. Cornelius and Mrs. Shea were talking.

"Gregory is here!" I happily squealed, not stopping until I got to the front door. I flung it open. Before I could even say a word,  Gregory was in the house. I looked him over.

His face and nose were cherry red. His knitting hat I had made him back in November was soaked through, along with his clothes. His mittened hands were clutching onto his broom and a package wrapped in pink paper. On top of it all, he was shivering. I closed the door.

"D-do you have a fire going anywhere?" He smiled. I took his arm and led him into the sitting room, where there was a fire.

"Over there." I pointed to it while taking his broom and leaving it against the wall. All the grown ups looked at him.