What I've Been Training For

I peered up at Him, dumb struck. There was no doubt that this was The Dark Lord. His being practically glowed with power.

He was a tall, slender man with pale skin and snake-like is eyes, cold and dark, seemed to look right through me. 

 "I-I am sorry." My voice shook with fear. "I didn't realize that-"

"Eleanor!" Uncle Severus interrupted me as he came in from the kitchen carrying several books and a cauldron. He saw my state and let all of his load fall to the floor with a clang before coming to my side. "What is the meaning of all this?"

"Silence, Severus." You-Know-Who commanded. Uncle Severus followed through, looking reluctant. "What has occurred to put you in this sorry state?" His S's almost hissed.

"Draco." I tried my best to stop crying. This was not the person to look vulnerable in front of You-Know-Who's face washed over with some kind of understanding.

"Oh, yes. Young Malfoy. I assume he hurt you, yes?" I nodded my head as I stood up. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named walked behind me, placing a hand on each shoulder. "It makes you angry, doesn't it? Almost makes you want to..." He put his lips next to my ears and whispered. "seek revenge." I stood as straight as I could, frozen.

"Yes." I finally replied and He let go of me.

"But there is always one way you could do that with power. Tell me, Eleanor, do you have power?"

"...No..." I hesitated.

"Do you want it?"

"...Yes."

"I know a way to grant you all the power you desire."

"Excuse me-" Uncle Severus, who had been obediently standing silently waiting to speak, finally spoke up.

"Silence." You-Know-Who interrupted.

"She's so young, My Lord. You surely aren't-"

"Don't question me, Severus."

"But she wouldn't last-"

"I said silence, Severus."

"Yes, My Lord." Uncle Severus stepped back and went quiet as You-Know-Who turned back to me. "Yes, there is a way for you to have absolute power, if you join me."

"What?" I peered at Him, breathless. Join Him? That was what I had been training for... And power. Power was always a good thing...

"This is ridiculous." Uncle Severus couldn't hold it back any longer. "She'll get herself killed."

"I see potential in the girl, Severus. She will make an excellent addition."

"Do you realize that she isn't even fifteen yet?"

"Ah, so young." You-Know-Who cupped my face in his hand, turning it so he could look at my profile. "So strong. So...lost. She needs to be led in the right direction."

"She will get hurt." Uncle Severus protested. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named decided to ignore this and continued.

"A new generation. She could be the start of it all. " He looked back at me, "Think of it. Fame. Fortune. Power. Revenge on that dreaded Malfoy... You can have all that and more if you assist me. Will you join me?"

"I..." I looked back from him to Uncle Severus. I was pretty sure I didn't even have a choice, but that didn't make a difference. "Yes."

"Excellent..." He hissed. "Reach me your left arm."

I silently did asHhe asked as my Uncle started to protest again.

"Already? You don't know if-"

"I want her in my inner circle." You-Know-Who pulled out His wand. "Eleanor, what is the most sacred status one can have?" I took a deep breath and whispered.

"Pureblood."

"Do you promise to serve me as well as protect the Pureblood heritage?"

"I promise...."

"Yes..." he hissed. "Very well."

He slowly brought His wand to my left forearm. A soon as it touched it felt as if my skin were on fire. I let out a loud, painful shriek that lasted until Uncle Severus waved his wand, taking away my voice, but leaving my pain. You-Know-Who kept his wand there, slyly grinning to Himself. I started to feel dizzy; black spots formed in front of my eyes.

"It is done." He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named removed his wand, but the pain stayed. I swayed a bit, my vision spinning. I could feel sweat forming on my forehead as the pain on my forearm intensified in strong waves of heat. "You will be a nice addition."

"Yes...My Lord." I forced myself to reply before finally collapsing all together.