My Second Trip to Hogsmeade

I couldn't have felt happier when Filch checked my name off the list of students able to go to Hogsmeade. I smiled at him when he shot me a 'watch it' glare.

Vincent and I exited the castle, hand in hand. The sky was a hazy grey, threatening to rain, but other than that it felt nice, just a bit cold. Birds were still lightly chirping around, reminding me of the song Vince had sang to me weeks ago. And the song birds are singing, like they know the score... I had been replaying the scene over and over in my head anytime I allowed my thoughts to wonder; and every time I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Vincent really did love me. The longer we stayed together, the more I realized it: and that I loved him back. Unlike when I was with Draco, I never found myself crying with Vince, and if I did, they were tears joy. I actually found myself happy; laughing, smiling, hold hands... Draco always wanted to kiss. No. Snog. Constantly snog. But I didn't want that. I was happy with a kiss here and there and that's what Vince gave me. He truly cared about me. 

"Do you want to walk or take the carriages?" Vincent asked, breaking my thoughts.

"Oh, let's walk. It's pretty nice out."

"Okay." He smiled, revealing the dimple on his left check. Funny, I had never noticed it before...I chuckled and gave his hand a squeeze. He lightly squeezed back as we walked between the two winged boar statues. "Where do you want to go when we get there?" He asked when we were maybe three-fourths of the way there.

"I don't know. I've only been there once. Maybe sometime before then with my father. I don't know."

"Hm..." He grunted. Of course; when my father was brought up no one talked.

"You can talk with me about him, you know. You can even ask me questions if you want."

"It won't bother you?" He asked softly, looking down at his feet for a moment then looking back at me. "I mean... I'm sure you don't really want to relieve it."

"No, it's fine. No one ever really lets me talk about it, except my uncle."

"Oh..." He looked away, taking a deep breath. I could sense his uncomfortable.

"Vince," I stopped, making him do the same. He continued peering into the distance. By this time we were right outside of the town, but he was looking back towards the caste. I grabbed his chin and turned it to face me. "Look at me. I want to talk about him. No one will let me, and I want to. No one understands it, but I do. Will you please let me? Question me if you want. Just let me... please?" I looked him straight in the eye. I really wanted to vent. Everything had been pinned inside for a long while, and I could trust Vince enough to tell him. He was quiet for a few seconds, then shook his head.

"O-okay. If you want to. But lets find somewhere warm to sit first, okay?"

"Okay." I answered, a little disappointed.

"We'll talk about him, I promise." He put his arm around me, and we started walking into Hogsmeade. "And I know just the place! It's called The Hogshead. It's really out of the way, so no one's ever there."

"Then how did you find it?" I asked while glancing around at various shops.

"Gregory and I used to slip away from Draco and go there. He would never find us." He lightly chuckled, no doubt remembering.

We continued past most of the shops until we came to an old looking tavern. A sign hung over the door way that read The Hogshead. As I looked at it I realized why Draco never found them; he probably wouldn't have ever stepped foot in the plac.e It was dirty and shady; the complete opposite of his way of life. I, on the other hand, had no problem with it. After thirteen years on the run with my father, grimy places didn't really bother me.