Chapter XIX: Grind Them

Dante Pov

I struggled to stay still as I uncomfortably wiggled around under what felt like handcuffs. When I woke up I was hanging off of a pipe. My head ached like I was pregnant in my brain and my stomach churned as it hungrily growled for food. 

In the beginning, I prayed that it was all a bad dream. I was wrong..so wrong.

The hairs on my neck stood up as my body shivered involuntarily. I could feel my stomach tightening in turmoil, now that I was aware of where I was. The place looked completely different than the other room they kept me in. This room, somehow looked more doomed. Like, I could actually feel my death in this room.

It was dark and muggy, like their wasn't enough air to go around. Taking in a deep breath, a foul smell entered my nostrils. It smelt like death, it looked like death and it tasted like death.

My face crumbled in disgust as I looked around feeling the soft whispers of the wind graze my ears. It was quiet, the only sound that could be heard was my breathing and the clanking of the handcuffs whenever I moved.

My stomach tied in a knot, causing me to groan as thick fluids ran down my thighs. 

Oh god, don't let this happen. Why? Why now? I thought as some more of the fluid exited my nether regions. 

I was hoping it wasn't what I thought it was, but it was. 

I jolted straight when I heard footsteps approaching the room I was. Since it was so dark, I couldn't make out any doors, or any light of any kind. 

What is up with these people and the pitch dark?

Since it was quiet, I panicked more when I saw the black form appear in the misty light. In the darkness, a dim red light suddenly appeared and disappeared as the figure threw the light somewhere to the ground. 

A  lump formed in my throat. 

What was he going to do? 

All of the sudden, a light illuminated throughout the room, now I was able to see what the room looked like. And honestly it was how I guessed it would be, crammed, deathly, and old. 

My head snapped to the person now in the room with me after I examined the room. A dark chuckle came from his lips as he took a drag out of his cigarette, which would explain the red light. 

As haunting as it was, I began to feel like I saw him from somewhere. 

A smirk formed on his face, making my eye twitch because I began to feel intimidated. I couldn't stop my heart from pounding in my chest, nor the rapid breaths my breathing became when he came closer. 

Even though I didn't want to, I began to stare him in the face. Trying to take imaginary photos of him in my head. 

The first thing I was sure to remember was his face, as menacing as it was I noticed that he had the most vibrant baby blue eyes. The type that made your spine shiver. 

Then there was his jaw and nose, which had to be the sharpest of his features. Only because they made him look extremely masculine. And then there was his physique. He was tall, tall as in, taller than Angel. I made a mental note of the scar going across his bottom lip, almost like a dog or something bit him. As he circled around me, I threw an ugly face his way. Causing his lip to turn into that of derision. 

" Making ugly faces like that, Bella? It doesn't suit you at all." He said, still going around me. Looking me up and down. I mean I was literally like a statue to his eyes observing me.