CHAPTER XXXVIII: Let It Be Known

DANTE
I looked between Vito and Bobby. How would I know if they were being serious or not, or if this was another one of Angel's tricks? They couldn't possibly mean it.

Could they?

Taking in the proposal they made to me, only one thought invaded my mind.

" Why?" I asked them. Still glancing between them every other second. To be honest, I was a little scared of their reasoning. Would it be because they have evil intentions? Or could they just be acting from the heart?

The both of them shared a look, like always. Bobby fiercely clearing his throat as he took a step forward.

" We made a mistake brining you here, Bimba." Bobby said. You think that after all this time?

" At first, we thought that maybe our little brother was having fun. He did have his eyes on you for a while, but we just put it off as a strong attraction. Then, the day came when he told us to grab you off the street." Bobby explained. At this point, everything he was saying to me was going in one ear and coming out the other. They have no idea what kind of consequences their actions had.

" If we hadn't grabbed you that day, Angelo would have. His method would have been more brutal and traumatizing for you. So, we acted out under his command." Vito said, staring at me with his cold eyes. His arms were folded across his chest, and he watched me with uncertainty.

" Bottom line, we feel bad. We fucked up, and we want to make it right." Bobby interjected, speaking with his hands as he approached me.

I could only look at them, uncertain if they were being genuine or lying.

" We put almost 70k worth of money to the side for you to live off of in the next three years. It's our understanding that you were living off of your fathers savings before this all happened. We wanted to give you a clean start." Vito said.

It was fascinating how they thought I could return back to a normal life after all this shit happened to me. Are they stupid? Is it possible to live normally after all of this?

I felt myself becoming slightly agitated ready to blow up on them, but I wasn't going to scream.

My fists balled up into my palms, I could feel my nails trying to pierce through my skin. How long was a supposed to suffer like this?

" Do you think it's that easy?" I asked them, scoffing.

" Do you have anyone you could go to?" Vito asked me, completely ignoring what I had previously said.

" Anyone? How about my dead father who was murdered by your brother?" I retorted, hate filling my eyes as I glared at Vito.

" What about Donnie?" He asked me. His arms still locked together, as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

I could only look at him for a moment. Did he guess that that's where I wanted to go? Defeated, I let out a sigh and nodded my head. I had no one else in this whole world.

No friends, nor any family. But, if there was a place where I felt warm and welcome it would be there with Donnie and Adore.

" That might actually work. Given the fact that they hate each other with a passion." Bobby thought out loud, bringing a hand to his chin. Vito looked to him, a scoff coming through his lips. If thats true, then there would be little possibility of Angel looking for me there. Right?

" Well?" Vito asked me, turning his head in my direction to look at me. I looked elsewhere.

" Can we go now?" I asked, folding my arms.