Chapter XIV: Skin Deep

Angel sat in his office, hands to his mouth, hunching over and staring at his shoes. Angel, at the moment, was trying his best to keep his anger at bay. Trying to avoid the gaze of Tommy.

Tommy was one of Angel's go to men for every problem that needed a solution. You could say he was something like the Encyclopedia. Gathering information from any and everywhere.

Just not at this moment.

At this moment, all Angel wanted to do was blow his brains into September. Scatter that big dome of nothing all over the world, like a treasure hunt.

Tommy fidgeted nervously as he waited for Angel to say something. If you were close enough to his face, you could see the beads of sweat falling from his pores.

Tommy felt that just those two minutes of silence were all the waiting he needed before he was brutally murdered. He didn't know how to handle it under all the pressure Angel was putting him under.

" Tommy-?" Angel finally said. A breathless air as if his lungs cut off, came from Angels mouth. Tommy's heart beat in his chest. A nerve wrecking pounding sounded throughout his body and ears.

" Please try harder." Angel asked. Breathing out a breath of air as he finally straightened himself into his chair.

Tommy's heart went silent, and everything around him seemed to move in slow motion.

What?

Tommy asked himself.

Out the corner of his eye Angel gave him a look. A look that said,

" Right now, I don't care how you do it. Just get her back to me."

And it was there, as they shared eye contact, that Tommy finally realized that this fucking demon actually had a heart. Now this man never showed any sorts of emotions. So to Tommy, it seemed like something horrible happened to his boss. It was like she used some sort of voodoo or something on him.

Tommy's jaw sort of dropped and by now he could pick up the seriousness of the situation.

Clutching the manila folder in his hand, he nodded his head and said,

" Give me a look like that, and i'll definitely find her for you." With that, he took him and his words. And actually put them to use as he opened a thermal radar throughout the entire country. With this, he would be able to detect anybody's body temperature and find her by image.

Angel sat back in his chair, and stared up at the luxurious ceiling just above his head.

For two days straight, since Dante was taken. Nonstop. Thoughts of how he could kill each and every one of those disgusting pigs. How he could make them suffer. What type of torturing methods he could use. What gun and knife he could gut them with. All of the wheels in Angels head were turning with anticipation.

He just couldn't wait.

Angel sat in the silence of his desolate office and let his thoughts wonder to something less infuriating and less deviant.

He began to wonder exactly how many of those assholes touched her. Did many of them hurt her? Did they make her cry? Had they did anything unearthly to her innocence?

His fist tightly gripped the arm of the chair and he almost found it impossible to let up. Angel was becoming fed up with people thinking he was a pushover. He was not going to be trampled over that easily, and he sure as hell wasn't going to let them take something as precious as Dante away from him.