Chapter II: Stare

(EDITED)

Follow

Comment

MISTAKES ARE A PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE

THE BOSSES STARE

My palms began to get clammy and my breathing was cut short. No no, not now!, I need this job. I need this. I need to become greater in life. I turned left and stopped as my legs wouldn't allow me to go any further. "What now!?" I thought as I looked behind me. There was no one there, then I turned back around and felt shivers throughout my body. I looked straight ahead as my body would not yield to this feeling, but I regretted the action until I looked into his obsidian green and brown eyes. His eyes were dead on me like a murderer before their victim. I felt naked in a way...Bare. Uncovered. Revealed. Exposed. Vulnerable, even. Besides the fact he was sending shivers up my thighs and spine, I felt like he was looking deep into my soul; and through all of this, he was staring at me out of the conference room, where that meeting was being held.

Though the glass walls were impeccable and breathtaking, he was staring at me through them. He disregarded the meeting he was attending completely. I saw the man who was speaking, chronologically glance at him, straight ahead and at him again. The man hosting the meeting, was probably wondering why he wasn't focused. I didn't really blame him though. Here he is giving this speech or what I believe to be a speech, and this guy is not even paying attention to it. I can imagine his annoyance, and curiosity.

Turning my head away from his gaze, I peered out the window. I stared down about seven levels below me and saw a bunch of heads walking, running, and God knows what. I became so intrigued with the outside I had yet to even notice the people exiting the conference room. It was like a drain being unplugged. There were people just pouring out of the room. At least I could tell that much from my distracted mind.

I sigh as I stare at this man crossing the street. He almost got hit by a car from not paying attention. "What has this world come to?" I exaggerated, but really was on the verge of an emotional breakdown. I want to yell, scream and holler right now. I don't know why, but this burning feeling and breeze on my neck was making me uneasy. Almost too antsy as I was about a tiny centimeter from exploding.

I felt like someone was watching me. I felt as though their breath was on me. All over me. This is one thing I think I hate about my self. I actually know when I'm being stared at or about to be talked to. I hated knowing that some egoistic freak was staring at me as if I was suppose to acknowledge him. When frankly, as long as he didn't 'touch', I was okay. I rolled my eyes as I looked straight ahead to the now empty conference room. 'What the hell!?' I thought as I walked towards the room. The door was closed and the lights were dimmed. I sigh as began pacing. What the hell? did I miss something? Did I screw up already? I am a, I am a compl-

The clearing of a throat pulled me away from my self loathing.

Quickly, I straightened up and whirled around as I came face to face with those once again green and brown eyes. My eyebrows dug deep into my forehead as I knew I was being watched, but then again I was wondering why he was staring so hard and why he was the only person left out of that whole conference room. I looked left then right and saw that the halls were completely empty. It was pin drop silent out here and I suppose that made me fidget as he opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Do you by any chance happen to know where I could meet Mr.Mathers?" I asked as I looked up at his tall frame. Now that I was close enough, I studied his features taking in everything.

He stared at me with such intensity, that I thought I was going to die. I think that's the one thing that defines him. His beautiful green and brownish eyes. His nose was perfect; poised and beautiful. His features were chiseled as his hair was a curly mess of black, short hair that stopped right above his neck. His lips were the most luscious and pinkest things of all, next to his eyes of course, that really defined and completed him. I didn't have the time to get a full body scan. I was in a rush and was ready to get to my interview.