heart breaks

Laura's pov:

"Ross and Laura are next. Let's see what y'all put together" Marcus smiled after he was done judging another couples routine.

"You remember the steps?" Ross asked walking up to me so we could climb on the stage together.

"Yeah" I muttured, still pretty nervous.

"Okay, stop it" he stopped us just before we climbed the steps to the stage "You'll do awesome okay? Remember what I said when we were rehearsing. Let yourself go and don't think about it. Stop overthinking" he cupped my face in his hands giving me a serious look.

"Ha" I chuckled "If only it were that easy Ross. If only"

"It is. Just follow me. You'll be fine. We're winning this shit"

"It's not a completio-"

"I don't care" Ross interrupted me, grabbing my hand in his as we walked on stage.

"Let's do this" he whispered, letting go of my hand.

I took a steady breath as the music started.

Let loose. Forget everything.

Just had to remember what Ross said.

I can do this.

[A/n First couple only is Ross and Laura's routine. You can watch the rest if you want but it's not important to the story lol.]

I took a step back and leaned againts the wall, a smile forming on my face when I see Ross approaching and leaning in.

The whole routine was like that.

Just like Ross had told me, I'd shut all my thoughts off and concentrated only on my next move. And in the end I had way too much fun.

I had a smile on my face the whole time, and Ross kept grinning at me from time to time, especially when he came way too close.

The 'crowd' as in our classmates, kept 'woo' -ing us from time to time, giving us incouragment, like we did for the others too, and you'd especially hear hawls when me and Ross were dancing together.

It felt amazing.

My brain was buzzy as I once again let myself lean into the wall, to finish of our routine, and Ross put his hands on that same wall caging me, and probably making it look way too personal from the public's perspective.

My assmtion only comes from the loud whistles I'm hearing of course.

Ross is so close to me that I can feel him panting, and I can see sprinkles of sweat covering his forehead.

He'd really given it all he got.

His nose touched mine as he grinned at me like an idiot again "We did it"

"We did" i looked up at him with a smile of my own.

"Okay you can break if off now" Marcus climbed on the stage as Ross got off of me with an awkward chuckle and I crossed my arms as a smile stayed on my face.

We approached Marcus and he looked at us, ready to give us his judgment "I'm simply brilliant"

Well that's a weird sentience to start with.

"I put you two together beacuse I knew you could both take something from each other, and I was right. Laura, you were loose, you were fun and flirty. Since your biggest struggle was the stiffness, you definitely got over It with this one"