short hair, a dice and everything nice

where nancy appreciates everything about yeonwoo.
—nanwoo/yeoncy/yeonnaen—

***

"snakes and ladders?"

yeonwoo-unnie grinned, her small, plump lips widening into a teethy smile. i felt my heart jump at the simple gesture. i wonder if she noticed it.

"uh-huh. i missed playing some board games. i wanna have some simple fun before we have a comeback."

i saw how her fingers curl beside her shirt to express her nervosity for another comeback. i always notice this, it's somehow her habit. i don't really know why. but i know she's always nervous when we're doing something new, everyone always is.

but i just don't know why when it comes to her, i always notice everything.

"and you really think, a 22 year old like you could enjoy snakes and ladders?"

yeonwoo-unnie nodded vigorously. her freshly-cut chestnut hair bouncing along with her head as they nod. i remember the times when she was begging our sajangnim to give her a new look already since she was tired with the 'long straight hair yeonwoo' look, but when she finally cut her hair, she almost cried. she said it doesn't suit her at all.

and of course, i said otherwise.

i almost laughed at her if i wasn't taking all the time--even those split seconds matter--appreciating her visual. her eyes sparked a familiar light, i really couldn't pinpoint what it is. but it always appears.

when she looks at her cats--that i hate so much because i'm allergic to them--with annoyance but still with that special glint i always see in her eyes when she looks at something specific. her cats, fried chicken, puppies, food, colorful stuff, absurdly funny stuff, water, some batman sunglasses back in Saipan and...

and me.

...i always see that glint, every time she looks at me.

it wasn't an adoring, admiring one.

it lingers, and it makes my chest hurt.

i just really couldn't pinpoint what it is.

it's frustrating.

"you just had to include my age, huh!"

i saw how her nose crinkled as she noticed how i insisted her age in my sentence. her foxy eyes turning to slits as she sent me a playful glare. her curled fingers were now sprawled on her hips, giving me a 'you-shouldnt-tease-an-old-unnie' kind of impression.

ah. she's fucking cute.

"it's a childish game."

"coming from a kid."

"ya! i'm not a kid!"