the art of ignorance

where jane ignores everything daisy does.

—jeniji—

***

"j-jiyeon-sunbaenim!"

jane looked at the furiously blushing girl in front of her, but eyed a specific part.

her ears.

the girl cleared her throat, making jane avert her eyes from her ears and into those almond-shaped, bright eyes, owned by the girl in front of her.

"i-i..." jane watched as the girl stuttered and took in a deep breath. the girl closed her eyes a bit and jane can see her long, thick lashes fluttering into a close.

the girl was undeniably attractive.

at that moment though, jane didn't care.

she just wanted to go home, listen to music, practice dancing, doze off and eat dinner but the girl in front of her dragged her into their school's abandoned gymnasium.

jane was just plain looking at her when the girl finally opened her eyes, her orbs shimmering with newfound courage—what kind of courage it is, however, jane doesn't know and she really couldn't care less.

"i have something to say!"

jane remained expressionless that the girl in front of her didn't exactly know if it's her cue to speak or her signal to shut up and run away from her because jane's soulless eyes can literally kill.

nonetheless, the girl still did it and basically ignored the fear of rejection pitting inside her stomach.

"i-i like you!"

the girl blurted out.

jane raised a brow. she was actually expecting this—there's two scenarios in jane's head. it's either the girl will chicken out, or the girl will toughen up, and turns out the latter happened—and she clicked her tongue.

'all my time wasted for a stupid, silly confession?'

jane shook her head mentally and just eyed the girl who looked like she was combusting. jane wasn't insensitive, so she knew that the girl still had something to say—as much as she wanted to walk away already.

"since i was a freshman and you were a sophomore, i really, really like you. i don't even know why i only had the guts to confess at your last year here." the girl said. she heaved a deep breath and continued rambling. "i didn't care about you being the ice queen of campus, or that you literally rejected men—and women—at every single day you spent in this campus, maybe they really weren't worth it." the girl whispered the last line.

jane almost laughed if she wasn't annoyed by the fact that her talking more means her time is wasted more.

"but the point is!" the girl said. "i'm not taking any rejection right now. at least, not now. i just wanted to let out what i've been keeping these past few years. a-and before you go to a uni."