The Recap

Janice Senn's P.O.V. (D3)

I wince as Gemma, a member of my prep team, pulls a comb through my long dark hair, while Jonas paints my nails and Flora applies a silky, pleasant-smelling cream to my skin. They've been at this for quite some time now and I'm starting to get impatient with them. I just want all of the preparatory stuff overwith so I can see what my stylist has put together for me to wear. Then I can see Harper again, which is what I'm looking forward to doing the most. It's too bad that we're going to be forced to watch that recap video though. It's basically going to be a four-hour long movie of the Games and the important events we were involved in compiled together. It's going to be like living it all over again, and I'm worried about what it'll do to Harper, since he's become extremely sensitive on the topic. If only there was no sound, maybe he could go to sleep, but no, they seem to purposely turn up the audio so high that it practically busts your eardrums.

I sigh aloud.

"Whatever's the matter, dearest?" Gemma questions.

"Oh, nothing...it's just, do we really need to go to this thing? It's the last thing I want to do at the moment," I complain with a frown.

"It won't be too bad," Gemma waves a hand dismissively, as if I sounded crazy for not wanting to go.

"It would be boring to me too if I already did all of it," Jonas comments, obviously thinking that I didn't want to go because I think it would be boring. But how wrong he is... I don't bother saying what my real thoughts on it are. I just go back to waiting for them to finish their work.

When my prep team is done, I go to my room, where my stylist is waiting with a dark plastic bag hanging from a hanger. I'm sure my prescribed get-up for tonight is under the bag. She smiles and tears the bag off the hanger, proudly revealing a cream-colored knee-length dress that's splashed with a delicate, violet flower pattern.

"Ta-da!" she exclaims daintily, bringing the dress to me with a sweeping flair in her stride.

I accept the garment and immediately head for the bathroom. I never liked how the stylists made you get dressed right in front of them, but my stylist (Mildred Mistletoe) respects my privacy, which I am grateful for.

After slipping into the dress, I step back out into my room, where Mildred gives me a bright smile as she spins a full-length mirror around so I can see. I raise my eyebrows at my appearance.

The dress is quite form-fitting around the waist, but it flares out slightly from my hips on down. The sleeves reach to my elbows, and it has a wide opening around my neck. Gemma has done my hair up in an elegant-yet-simple up-do, leaving a few stray strands around my ears. I hadn't even noticed the tiny, violet flowers she sprinkled in it until now, but they go along with my nails, makeup and the dress perfectly.

"Final touches!" Mildred cuts in with a pair of pearl earrings and matching necklace. To finish it off, she hands me some simple sandals. She steps back to inspect, nodding approvingly, "I think that does it. You look lovely, dear."

"Thank you..." I say out of politeness, starting to feel nervous about the next hour.

"There's nothing to be worried about, dear," Mildred flicks one of my free strands of hair and looks me straight in the face, "You already know what's going to happen, so I don't understand why you're so nervous. Wouldn't you find it entertaining to watch what the other tributes were doing? And wouldn't you want to see you and Harper win all over again?"

You mean watch us almost die again. And no, I don't want to know what the other tributes were doing. They were killing eachother, which isn't what I want to see. Besides, most of the video will be focused on Harper and me anyways.